• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

iPad question

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When accessing ForumsForums from an iPad, how do I attach a photo or PDF file to a thread when the photo or PDF file is not in Camera Roll? (I'm not using an app to access the forum.)

I just tried this in the test forum and each time I clicked "Manage Attachments" the iPad pointed to the Camera Roll. I could not figure out how to make it look elsewhere.

Thanks, Bob

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There is no user accessible "file system" on the iPad. You can't browse for files from Safari. All you can do is access pictures and media from the Apple blessed locations.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe you can copy an image that displays on your iPad screen from wherever, then paste it into the reply box here on FF. I have done it but can't explain it in a simple manner. Just found this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynv0JiBs4dE"]How to Copy and Paste on The iPad - YouTube[/ame]

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is no user accessible "file system" on the iPad. You can't browse for files from Safari. All you can do is access pictures and media from the Apple blessed locations.

It sucks that Apple is so inflexible.

Bob

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe you can copy an image that displays on your iPad screen from wherever, then paste it into the reply box here on FF. I have done it but can't explain it in a simple manner.

Thanks Jev. I know how to copy & paste photos but that does not help for PDF files that are larger than what will fit in a screen.

Bob

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It sucks that Apple is so inflexible.

Bob

Precisely what many prefer the open sourced and very flexible Android Operating Systems, especially Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 which is just incredible.

I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth. With that said, I am looking at an ipad mini for the wife for Christmas, it will be a perfect fit for her.

No apple basher here as I own APPL and and imac. :smile:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

PB, is this true for Mac desktops & laptops as well?

Bob