• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Disable touch capabilities on computer touch screen?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have this new(er) fancy computer that has a touch screen. You just touch the screen to have it do things instead of using the mouse.

Does anyone know how to disable the "touch" capability?

Since it's now dark before my work day is over, any fruit flies or anything else that can fly is now drawn to the screen. When they land, the desktop and open applications go nuts. Oh, and never sneeze on a touchscreen... :whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have this new(er) fancy computer that has a touch screen. You just touch the screen to have it do things instead of using the mouse.

Does anyone know how to disable the "touch" capability?

Since it's now dark before my work day is over, any fruit flies or anything else that can fly is now drawn to the screen. When they land, the desktop and open applications go nuts. Oh, and never sneeze on a touchscreen... :whistling:

That's hilarious.

My wife has a touch screen but never had that problem. Perhaps an alternative source of bright light might help or one of those UV bug lights.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
There should be something to in the drivers to turn it off or on. I have a touch screen on one of the 3 computers here we use for our security system and it has a section in the properties to control it so it can be turned off.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been told the latest windows doesn't work good without the touch screen.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
8 makes use of the touch screen if present.

It will work with a mouse and keyboard though.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
RE: Win 8 a friend of mine tried the Beta version he said it makes your computer like a touchscreen tablet or I-Phone type thing and says do not use it if you don't like touch screens.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a fan of touch screen and even turned off the touch mouse pad on my lap top when home as I hook it to a docking station with a mouse. I have one though as I said but still have a mouse and keyboard connected to it.