• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pooter problem!!!

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I am wondering if there is sush a thing as a wi-fi signal booster than can be plugged into an I-pad or lap top to boost a week wifi signal ....I can take the wifes I-pad to the office and it works fine but when I get down the hall a ease it drops out....all they offer on tv is CNN and she wants to look and listen to fox on her I pad.....I am trying to apply the LAW...Happy wife.....happy life :brows:!!....any of ya gurus of the pooter relm have any ideas?????

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Look for something like a Wi-Fire.
Here's the item on Amazon but I believe I found it much cheaper. It says USB so you may have to get an adapter to go from that to the iPad input.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HFIELD-WLAN-WI-FIRE-802-11b-500mW/dp/B002OJMB2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349989341&sr=8-1&keywords=wi+fire"]Amazon.com: HFIELD WLAN USB, WI-FIRE, 802.11b/g 500mW: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Also, your router for wireless normally supports a couple types. E.g. Mine does N & G. N is supposed to be faster but the G gets much better range. If it does have G, you can also tinker with the frequencies. As I recall, the G hovers in the 2.4Ghz range. Problematic if you have a bunch of cordless phones on the same freq. I believe my router allows you to go up or down on the frequency.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
No
CG...that would be a popper problem would it not????:whistling: Bczoom ....I will look that up...The wife is in a nurssing home recouping and it is their wi fi system that is week....will look up the item and see if it might work.....thanks

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you asked them to consider a repeater wi-fi router? I'm no wi-fi guru but thought you could have one pass the signal to the other. Instead of everyone having to buy something, they could just put another router or 2 in place.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This may be an easy solution.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Universal-WN3000RP-Wi-Fi-Extender/dp/B004YAYM06"]Amazon.com: Netgear Universal WN3000RP Wi-Fi Range Extender: Electronics[/ame]

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I think Im going to just let it go....every thing I have found I have to have access to their system and thats a big NO>NO!!!! can you believe here we are in the middle of MO> and they contracted with a outfit in Loss wages to put the system in maintain it!!!!!!! so it is my understanding if it goes down it is a while till it will get worked on....another week and mom will be coming home ....so Ill just wait and listen to her grumble!!!!! Thanks for your help anyway......