• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Foods that taste worse the next day

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
well, there's no way to salvage a tossed salad, especially if you've already tossed the dressing in.

Ironman

Pizza the next day doesn't taste nearly as good as fresh from the oven, but I'll still heat it up in the toaster oven and eat it.

Unlike Dave, I like crispy fried chicken from KFC right away. I would still eat it the next day I guess.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my opinion mcdonnalds an burger king need to go in the trash or dog dish when you are done they just don't tast the same once it gets cold

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Egg salad.
It collects a lot of moisture that pools, doesn't necessarily taste bad, but.. ick..

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Fruit Cake .... Give it away as a Christmas Gift :whistling::doh:

I wouldn't touch fruit cake if it was fresh, never did understand why some love the stuff. I love both fruit and cake but not a marriage made in heaven in my opinion. :smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Burgers or steak. Neither are near as good warmed up.
Pizza is good the next day if eaten cold.

lilbopeep

I agree with all of that Doc. Re-heated burgers and steak get to well done.

I think deli sliced turkey breast doesn't taste good after the first day.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I don't care what is said, left over pizza goes in the garbage in our house.

Re-heated is bad and cold is absolutely nauseating.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter

I'll back you up on the leftover cold pizza also american chop suey ( macaroni and sauce) or lasagna are all better the next day.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
kraft mac and cheese also sucks big time when left over from the day before but i'm such a tight asse that i will eat just about anything except that damd fruit cake or sushie

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
kraft mac and cheese also sucks big time when left over from the day before but i'm such a tight asse that i will eat just about anything except that damd fruit cake or sushie
Throw the mac and cheese in a skillet Don.
Then stir it around and listen to it snap and pop.
Fried mac and cheese is one of the best things ever. :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is even better if you dump some scrambled egg in with it. Get them all just starting to brown. Shake some black pepper on it and that make a great breakfast.:clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Throw the mac and cheese in a skillet Don.
Then stir it around and listen to it snap and pop.
Fried mac and cheese is one of the best things ever. :smile:

lemme re-phrase my phrase- extra pasta- it's good! i'll make extra on purpose so as to not hafta cook much.
somewhere, i ingested fried macaroni. was that @ a restaurant~ school~ anyhoo, i'd get it again.

i'll put extra butter, milk or cream, or plain 'ol cream cheese in extra macaroni. (& here
& there, also shredded cheddar fer gooey pasta.) i use sour cream, (i put milk on the pasta to re-warm,- only a splash; stir slightly. then there is crisp-cooked bacon as u plate. & scallion. these ones- not to fry. to nosh on then & there.

lollie, i saw alton & his nephew make fried macaroni b-4. haven't made that 1, myself. hm~

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yep. i lost my fryer. hm...... how'd....... oh. i gave it to the kitties. i could use my calphalon.
i've got the items to bake a macaroni & cheese. the dairy may be too old. if so, i'll get new next week & try a batch of my own when i get to cooking again. oh, batter-dipped fried broccoli would be so great w/ that.
luv macaroni w/ broccoli.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
opened cheeses sealed improperly.

a casserole w/ noodles. the noodles get smushy. the remainder,- the creamy/crunchy half gets dried, soggy, inconsistent.

w/ seafood- cooked, or raw. either way, i would reject re-warmed lobster, & pre-shucked seafood.

wilted salad. take it away. if u cannot get us a damned crisp salad, i'm goin' elsewhere, 'fer fresh food. not 'da salads u took & fridged fer a few.

bread. fresh bread can be made/purchased abound.

recycled butter. rancidity is not appreciated.

salad. u can't make a salad fresh in 30 seconds~ wow. was made last nite, huh~ that's :ermm:. bye

stale food. 'un-stale my food, i'm here fer food, & may i speak to the Chef'~

Last edited: