• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite Type Of Cheese

Fairygirl

I know this is a "cheesy" topic, but I love cheese.....

My favorite is probably Swiss or Mozzarella...I am a big fan of cheesy foods, especially pizza!

What's your favorite type of cheese and/or cheesy food?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have tried some that I did not care for, but not many. I like pepperjack and colby longhorn style also. Just finished a block of Cabot horseradish. Home smoked swiss is another favorite. If you ever have some good smoked in a smokehouse cheese you will never forget it.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
LOVE provelone. Also that cheese that is red and yellow and comes in the plastic cup! I forget the name hahaha

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
LOVE provelone. Also that cheese that is red and yellow and comes in the plastic cup! I forget the name hahaha
You dummy! That was not cheese! It was the red solo cup they used for a chew spit cup. Must have got thick in the heat.:w00t2:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
as yet, brillat-savarin. nothing better. although i'm gonna get another cheese, (it's in a box), that i see being possibly better.
2nd, i luv several different triple-creams.
cambazola is great stuff, too. equally good as ^ when i'm iso a creamy, yet tangy cheese.
feta, -brined- is another, & gorgonzola, & herbed chevre at times.

for pizza, whole-milk mozzarella w/ provolone w/ a topping of whole milk ricotta.
i get a new cheese & an old fave most weekly, or 1 of the 2 if i'm being rushed.
last pick was this:

Attachments

• IMG_0564312.jpg
    IMG_0564312.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 99

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Crimson Fire....made at the washington state univ. creamery school.
www.wsu.edu/creamery Good stuff.I order several cans during cold months
so I can enjoy it year round. and yes it adds a zing to a serving of camel toes!!!!!!!:w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar. Vermont's finest. :biggrin:

Amen to that brother.

I also have a fondness for Loraine Swiss.

Guy promised his wife he would name the cheese after her if she let him make it for sale. Small holes and very lacy in texture.

Plant burned down a few years ago and they simply have not been the same since.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i use the cabot's as 1 of the cheeses if i bake a macaroni & cheese. i member it as cabot 'hunter's seriously sharp'....... now it's just 'seriously sharp'. seriously~

anyhow, the stuff rocks.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had some of the Cabots seriously sharp last week. It is good stuff.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Current favorite is Dubliner.

But really I like any cheese that doesn't still have the mold on it. I don't like bleue, Stilton, etc.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget Kraft Singles!!! :clap::clap::clap:

nooooooooooooooooooo! rustyyyyyyyy! that's plastic.:doh:
tho yum, grilled cheese. we got those wrapped singles as tots. land-o-lakes deli slices later. my friends used to beg me to make 'em grilled cheeses when we stumbled quietly (to us, anyhoo) thru the door as teenagers. they couldn't get why they were so good. me neither.
now i know- it was that teensy old-school all-clad copper-coat (not core) pan, the absurb amount of butter i tossed in per sammich (2-4 tbsp.), & the amount of cheese. they're good yet!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much all of them. :biggrin: However, my all-time favorites are Dubliner, Roquefort, and Double Gloucester! :clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'd as soon pass than put that in a macaroni & cheese. i'll make a simple bechamel,- it takes 20 minutes or so- then onto the cheese- shelf cabot, cheese-monger aged cheddar, ur own blend of rather sharp/tangy cheeses like a dab of a bleu, frank's, mustard, s/p, worcestershire.......

i am being kind when i say i avoid velveeta at all costs.
knew that well b-4 culinary school- i think i drew the line @ 14.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cheddar, sharp and mild.. all of Cabot's flavoured cheeses are really good.

Swiss... Brie, Wensleydale (can't find it in this country) and a lovely one I fell in love with a couple of years ago.. Gjetost.

For grilled cheese it's got to be Velveeta slices.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot one.
Cream cheese/Philly.
On bagels, celery sticks.
Throw a couple of tablespoons of softened cream cheese in your hot cooked spaghetti and stir it in.. before you add the spaghetti sauce..
Oh my.
Delish.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i used to luv u lollie. 'til the velveeta last line. yeah.
:flowers:luv u jus' the same & u know it~

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
hehe.. well, sometimes I make grilled cheese with swiss and pickle slices.
Does that save me? lol
Like a Cuban ya know, only no meat :D