• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fresh veggies for supper

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife went cutting and picking while I watched the race. The cauliflower is called cheddar cauliflower and looks like you poured cheese on it. The broccoli is coming fast. We are still working on some of the green peppers. Going to make them with burger for supper.

Attachments

• veggies 001.jpg
    veggies 001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 101
  • veggies 002.jpg
    veggies 002.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 98

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Muley, all those kind of veggies burned up a long time ago. I did pick some tomatoes, eggplant and peppers this morning. That and some previously picked potatoes are all I have left. Trying to decide if I'm going to try for a fall garden. What'd ya' think?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would go for it since you don't have to worry about frost down there. Our stuff is really taking off since we got some rain. These peppers are huge and we have a bunch more coming along.

Attachments

• veggies 006.jpg
    veggies 006.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 93

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking peppers!!!! :clap::clap:

Mine are getting plenty of water but because of the heat they are maturing about half that size. I'll take them though.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Everything is running a little late and despite all the water sprayed on it things did not really take off till we finally got some rain. The frost this spring real battered the fruit crop up here. The one Amish guy who buys 2-3 tractor trailer loads each year told me he will be lucky to get 5 bins of apples. Won't be much local stuff this year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Peppers look nice Bill.
My friend Char's peppers, tomatoes and squash look fabulous this year.
She brought a grocery bag in to work yesterday and said anyone could take some.
Took one of each.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Out tomatoes are just starting to ripen. Can't wait till some of the big sandwich ones are ready. I love them on sandwiches and chunked up on a plate. The little cherry ones have great flavor. This is our second year of growing borage with the tomatoes and it does seem to improve the flavor.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The fruit crop was a little strange this year. The spring fruit did really good. The plums were great. The peaches were superb until the squirrels and deer found them. I lost one apple tree because of last year's drought but the other one is looking OK but not wonderful and the pecans seem to be doing good. We'll just wait and see.

Oh, the tomatoes have almost shut down because of the heat but they may come on again once it cools down a little bit. Going to put some more potatoes in the ground for the fall.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No apples here in St Peters MO. They just fellff the trees during the drought.

Pperes ar fair, maters are great, Squash not so much either.
No beans,no Cukes. pumpkins will be poor this season as well.

Irrigated sweet corn is awesome. And amazingly a good buy 3 ears for a buck but they are huge. I saw one green grocer with five for a buck but they looked pretty sad.

The big surpise for the season was blue berries which are very plentiful and larger than normal. I have no explanation for that.
Blackberries and raspberries were kinda small.

Still getting five lbs per day off my 24 tomato plants. I have seven varieties. The big surprise was Early Jane which has produced the most and the largest per plant. They usualy burnout by now but my four plants are producing half the harvest. Startedv picking 2nd week of June, and still going strong.