• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FF user problem

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A user has contacted me about a problem he is having. He can log in okay from work and post to FF okay. He had trouble logging in at home. He finally was able to log in from home, and it gives him the FF welcome message, but he cannot post.
I'm at a loss on this one. I've can't think of what might be causing this.
Have any of you seen this issue or do you have a suggestion for a fix?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have had similiar problems on my other site like this. I usually tell them to clear cookies and temp files. Then use a registry cleaning program to fix any problems there. Then do a defrag and no more problems. The registry program that I recommend is free for 30 days.... AMUST Registry Cleaner...... see, I can be helpful and grumpy at the same time.... I also offer free telephone support during normal waking hours......Junk..

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
A user has contacted me about a problem he is having. He can log in okay from work and post to FF okay. He had trouble logging in at home. He finally was able to log in from home, and it gives him the FF welcome message, but he cannot post.
I'm at a loss on this one. I've can't think of what might be causing this.
Have any of you seen this issue or do you have a suggestion for a fix?

They don't use AOL to they...?
Took me a lot of messing around when I first set up the account.
Don't know what I did - maybe disabled some part of the firewall??

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They do have AOL. I guess that is the problem. Any AOL users that can shed some light on how to login while useing AOL?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
They do have AOL. I guess that is the problem. Any AOL users that can shed some light on how to login while useing AOL?

Dump AOL?

mak2

I fixed my AOL problems by getting cable. AOL is a big problem for online classes and other types of fourms. I am not a computer guy, but one reccommeded I get rid of AOL and I did, all my problems are gone.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree that AOL is the worst provider out there. They try to take over your machine and control your internet experience. They act as a control freak parent who stops you from doing things, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

But, we have a user that is on AOL. I would like to provide a way for him to get to our forums. If anyone has info on how to make AOL allow you to log into FF please share it here.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, are they using the aol software to surf the net?

If so have them try connecting, minimizing the aol software, and launching a real browser.

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I"m not sure Jim, but I like the suggestion. I'll pass it on ....
Thanks!

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
jim slagle said:
Doc, are they using the aol software to surf the net?

If so have them try connecting, minimizing the aol software, and launching a real browser.

Jim

That worked for me.
Also, after I re-loaded AOL 9.0 Optimized I can post, however the pics still download as *.art. I fixed that problem by using I.E. as my browser.