• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does anyone here use Skypes?

loboloco

If so, how do you like it?
Any issues?
Do you link thru facebook or any other social media site?
I have it, but haven't used it except to test. We plan on using it to reduce the costs of maintaining contact with some of our friends in other countries.
Does it work as advertised? Are ther any limits on bandwidth, etc...
I assume it would not work well over dial ups, but just how much speed does it need?
If any have used it and encountered problems, please let me know. If we do this, we are going to have to buy at least one computer and pay for internet service in a foreign country. Trying to do a basic cost/benefit here.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
If so, how do you like it?
Any issues?
Do you link thru facebook or any other social media site?
I have it, but haven't used it except to test. We plan on using it to reduce the costs of maintaining contact with some of our friends in other countries.
Does it work as advertised? Are ther any limits on bandwidth, etc...
I assume it would not work well over dial ups, but just how much speed does it need?
If any have used it and encountered problems, please let me know. If we do this, we are going to have to buy at least one computer and pay for internet service in a foreign country. Trying to do a basic cost/benefit here.
I have had it for a year or so, just the free version for making video calls to my Sis in Idaho via a webcam. It dont cost a dime, and of coarse the other end has to have it as well as a webcam. :biggrin:

I have DSL internet through AT&T which aint the fastest by far, but a little better then just plain dialup and I have had no issues as far as interuptions or disconnects. I keep getting emails from Skype offering me better deals on long distance calls but i dont know why because free is a perty good deal for me. :yum:

Seriously though, I am guessing thats for overseas though which i have no interest in so maybe someone that has that will chime in. It is perty cool though, cuz my Sis carrys her laptop all over her property to show me what they have been upto. :wink:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use Skype to keep in contact with a few friends. Works well for me. The chief drawback is that a call time needs to be set up for the call. It is free.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I used it in Panama and it was great !!!! I plan to sign up again when we go back in a couple months . I had my own local phone number so it did not cost my friends very little to use . A damn good investment !!!!:clap:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have it, but so far I have had no occasion to use it - no one wants to talk to me!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Communicate with folks in Poland and with my son in Florida with it. Been using it quite sometime and have nothing bad happen.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My son in Washington State has it and so do I we use it but other than that I've not used it much.