• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Someone Spamming an Obsolete E-Mail Account

Bamby

Someone Spamming an Obsolete E-Mail Account that we once had. Long story short we once had Verizon phone service and e-mail anyway Verizon sold out to Frontier Communication some time back. Well somehow somebody up to no damn good has resurrected our old account which by the way we were forced to abandon by Frontier and Verizon and they are now using our old account and it seems all our old contacts to spread malicious links containing nastiness's like Trojans and such to it seems everyone on our old contact lists.

I can't say what all's being buried in the links simply because Avast won't let me see them and it's probably a good thing. :excl: But just how in the heck does one go about getting it stopped.:hammer: Anyway if someone here is on my old Verizon contact list don't open it. So far the common factor in all the correspondence with the malicious links is this
(no subject)

If you encounter an e-mail with this DO NOT OPEN THE LINK...:hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So it is not your account any longer? I don't understand how your old contacts are still somehow attached to that account. I'm thinking all you can do is warn all your contacts to ignore anything from that old email account.

Bamby

Doc I don't know how they've done it but they're spamming folks with my old e-mail address. Anyway I've received another one and checked out my options with the e-mail carrier I'm using now which is G-Mail. Anyway they've got a link inside that a person can report phishing and they supposedly look at it and address it, I guess we'll just haft to wait and see...

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can get into the email account, you can either remove the contacts, or change the password, or both. I don't understand how an old account is still active.

Bamby

If you can get into the email account, you can either remove the contacts, or change the password, or both. I don't understand how an old account is still active.

jimbo I don't actually know exactly how they're doing it either. We're getting feedback from some of the folks they are spamming from our contact list :sad: and frankly we'd love to somehow stop it. Here's a example with hopefully all spam-able information blacked out...

Bad E-Mail.jpg

If you take close look at the sender you'll see VIA listed in the middle well when a person clicks on the underlined via this is the explanation or result from gmail

Why am I seeing extra information next to the sender’s name?

So it appears to me, but then again I don't know what to do about it anyway that somehow they are using our old and obsolete and no longer available to us email address and spamming with malicious links many of the folks on our old contact list there via yahoo.com.

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this chit!! :angry:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I cannot rell you for sure. I quit cablevision and qent to FIOS. Cablevision notofied me that my account was closed. After a while Cablevision came up with a better deal and went back

Boing! Out of no where, all the ols e-mail accounts came back, even the inbox, etc.

People have been able to accesa deleted pix on facebook with the dorect url.

It seems toe that someome may have chosen the userid that you gave up and the old data was never deleted.

Bamby

We didn't quit them "Verizon" they sold us the customers out to Frontier Communication. They gave us something like thirty days to close out the use of our existing Verizon email account and ween our contacts over to the sorry email system that Frontier offers it's users.

You'd think when our account expired due to the sale that Verizon would have "wiped our account clean" as if it "never existed". I mean you can't just use it by itself it's an undeliverable account. Their ability to resurrect it via another carrier somehow and spam people "simply sucks".