• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Smoky Texas T-Bone marinated in Adobo puree

ramont

Smoky Texas T-Bone marinated in Adobo puree

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Chipotles in Adobo sauce​
  • 2 green bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces​
  • 4 jalapenos, stems removed, cut in half​
  • 4 T-bone steaks​

Directions:
  • For puree: Take one can of Chipotles in Adobo sauce, pour contents into a blender, add 1or 2 tsp of water, blend to a smooth consistency, adding more water if necessary.​
  • Place T-Bone Steaks in a plastic bag, and add 2 tablespoons of the marinade for each​
  • steak you want to marinate.​
  • Allow the puree to cover the steaks, and refigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.​
  • Preheat grill to a medium heat, grill steaks over direct heat for 7 to 10 minutes per side, to desired doneness.​
  • Serve with grilled peppers and Creamy Avocado Sauce.​
  • For vegetables, in a lightly oiled grill pan, or grill wok, place peppers brushed with olive oil over direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes.​
  • Toss every few minutes to avoid charring.​
Creamy Avocado Sauce:
Ingredients:
  • 6 tomatillos, cleaned and quartered​
  • 3 serranos, sliced, stem removed​
  • 1/4 cup water​
  • 2 oz. cream cheese​
  • 1 ripe avocado, seeded and removed from skin​
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped​

Directions:
  • In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, add tomatillos and serranos.​
  • Cover and simmer 7-10 minutes, until tomatillos are soft.​
  • Stir in cream cheese, remove from heat, allow to melt.​
  • Transfer mixture to blender, add avocado and cilantro, blend until smooth.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sure seems like a good way way to mess up a good T Bone Steak if you ask me. :poke: I don't think I could handle all of the other stuff with it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm one of those, "Just burn my meat" kinda guys (not really) but the creamy avocado sauce looks interesting. I'll have to try that. Thanks.