• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cell Phone Boosters

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does any one here have any experience with them? At my cabin I don't have Internet available and I need that if I have to do any emergency programming or technical support. In the past I had a 3G air card which worked fine with an external antenna. Now with my IPad I can do the same except my connection inside the cabin sucks and I know of no remote antenna available for the IPad.

I talked to my cell provider Verizon and they recommend this booster. $200 is cheap if it works. If not well one company gives a 30 day guarantee and I can return it. Just don't want to go through the hassle of install and tear out if I can help it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Extenders-YX545-Dual-Band-Booster/dp/B003VOW5WI/ref=dp_ob_title_def"]Cell Booster[/ame]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Does any one here have any experience with them? At my cabin I don't have Internet available and I need that if I have to do any emergency programming or technical support. In the past I had a 3G air card which worked fine with an external antenna. Now with my IPad I can do the same except my connection inside the cabin sucks and I know of no remote antenna available for the IPad.

I talked to my cell provider Verizon and they recommend this booster. $200 is cheap if it works. If not well one company gives a 30 day guarantee and I can return it. Just don't want to go through the hassle of install and tear out if I can help it.

Cell Booster

Looks to me like you will need the outdoor antenna as well. Scroll down on that site. There is a package price of a little over 300 bucks for the antenna, cabling and indoor unit that looks like a wireless router.

I have no personal experience with those but I saw them in use more than once on construction sites where these or similar were needed to lock onto 3G signals for wireless internet for computers. Worked good as far as I could tell.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I had one with a small antenna and didn't find that it worked that well. I suspect if you invest in a good antenna set up then you may get decent results.