• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just bought: HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got a 6+ year old HP multi-function laser jet that is about as big as a "dorm room" refrigerator, uses 2x the amount of power, and weights as much as my tractor. The thing has been acting up lately and its time for some new toner and other supplies, so rather than drop the money to refill this pig I picked up a new laser printer for $350 ($399 at Costco - $50 Rebate) that seems to do everything the old one did, faster and better, without dimming the lights in my room every time it starts printing. I think the toner drum on my older printer cost almost that much, and the toner cartridges for my older printer ran about $90 each. So this printer does more than the old one and it cost less to buy than it would cost me to refill then old printer with disposables.

So far so good! The images I printed were also astounding in clarity and color rendition compared to the old one. I have NOT tried to use the FAX, SCANNER or COPIER functions yet, but it seems to print clearly and quickly.

Oh, this also is WiFi equipped and it has the "AirPrint" function that (somehow) will allow you to print from your iPhone or iPad or similar devices (haven't dug into how to do that yet).

hp_laserjet_pro_cm1415fnw_color_mfp_667623_g1.jpg

Oh, and this one is light enough (not that it is a featherweight) that I didn't give myself a hernia when I carried it upstairs and set it up.

It has a touch screen panel to control all the functions that is pretty nifty and easy to use. Instruction book? No need! The touch screen was clear and easy to follow.
output_maxwidth.jpg

One of the things that I think I will NOT like about this printer is that the toner cartridges seem to be very small.

My older printer has toner cartridges that are literally 5 times larger!!! Something tells me this one is going to need to have some spare toner on hand.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the review Bob. I'm subscribing to this thread so I can ask you in 6 months if you still like it.
I have an old Konica Minolta that fits the description of your old printer. It's a beast and dims the lights when it fires up. Once the toner runs out (another 5000 pages or more), I'll put it out as an anchor. Just can't give it up since I only use it about 6 times per year but each time I do, it's a big enough job that would eat 5 toner cartridges on an inkjet. It also doesn't have any drivers for Vista or Win 7 so I'll have to get rid of it soon anyway.

For the iPad/iPod airprint, I didn't turn it on either but you define your printer to the internet then you can print to it from any device that has the access/credentials to access your printer. Sort of like the remote PC software but for your printer.

k-dog

I picked up a color laser printer about a year ago that is a HP. I love printing from my iPhone to it and another feature is i set it up through HP where I can e-mail documents to it from anywhere. The cartridges that came with mine were starter cartridges which contain half of what the refills you buy. I love using the new laser and my oldest daughter is wearing it out doing reports for school and my wife doing scrap booking projects.