• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Beer Battered BACON & Grilled Cheese Sam'ich!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh damn I want this!!! Just finished a great dinner of BBQ lamb and am stuffed but I stumbled upon this and its just calling my name.

6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
4 slices rustic white bread
2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each)
2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
1 egg
3/4 cup pale ale beer
1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon butter

• In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
  • On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
  • Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
  • Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
  • Makes 2 sandwiches

Attachments

• 5a2d4c72-1ebb-4bae-956b-f2cf0337a39d.jpg
    5a2d4c72-1ebb-4bae-956b-f2cf0337a39d.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 112

Ironman

That sumbitch looks good. Really good.
After that you could top it off with a few bacon cupcakes. :biggrin:

Attachments

• V9hbi.jpg
    V9hbi.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 98