• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GMail

daedong

I have Yahoo email and I keep getting emails that should go to my inbox going to bulk, it is starting to give me the shits

Is GMail any better than Yahoo email?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
daedong said:
I have Yahoo email and I keep getting emails that should go to my inbox going to bulk, it is starting to give me the shits

Is GMail any better than Yahoo email?

Really? I never even look at the bulk mail folder on my Yahoo!. I sure hope I haven't been missing anything important!

If you want to try GMail, send me your email via PM and I will send you a GMail invitation (or are they available to everyone now? :confused2:)

JayC

Huh?
For the most part I could get away with not looking at my Bulk folder for my Yahoo address. I have never had a problem with Yahoo letting spam slip by. They do a real good job at keeping it away. I've got GMail, too but never really use it. There are some things I don't like about it. Every email received is called a conversation. Everything really just stays in your Inbox. The idea for GMail is that with all the space you get, just let the message pile up in the Inbox. Then, you can use Google's search to find what you are looking for in your Inbox. I find it more confusing to use than Yahoo or Hotmail. It is simple with Yahoo or Hotmail to create folders for messages. Folders in GMail are called Labels. I think you have to star a message and a copy will go to the Label you created and one will remain in the Inbox.

When you get a message that should go to your Inbox, do you click the Not Spam button? I have had messages on only a couple occasions get mistaken for spam, and they weren't really messages. Someone had sent me an e-card. However, at my Hotmail address, I had a legitimate email go to the Junk folder. And it was from another Hotmail address!:pat: