• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why You Might Want to Delete Your Google Browser History Before Next Week

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought some might find this interesting. :wink:

As of March 1, Google’s new, “shorter and easier to read” privacy policy will go into effective. At that time, the search giant that also includes products such as YouTube, Gmail and Calendar will begin “[treating] you as a single user across all [of its] products.” An example provided by the company is letting you know you’re late for a meeting based on your location and calendar schedule.
(Related: ‘Real News From The Blaze’ breaks down how Google’s new privacy policy … breaches your privacy)
So, what is there to do if you want Google to hold a little less personal information about you? The Daily Mail suggests a good starting step is to delete your browser history. It even offers the steps on how to do so:
1. Go to the Google homepage and sign into your account. Use the dropdown menu under your name in the upper right-hand corner to access your settings. Click on “account settings”, like below.
Delete-Google-History_1-620x192.jpg
(Image: Daily Mail)

2. Next, find the section called “Services” and you’ll see a link to “View, enable, or disable web history”, shown in the red box below. Click on it.
Delete-Google-History_2-620x448.jpg

3. Finally, you can remove all of your search details by clicking on “Remove Web History”, shown in the red box below. Once you have done this your history will remain disabled until you turn it back on.
Delete-Google-History_3-620x152.jpg

The Daily Mail notes that while clearing your browsing history won’t prevent Google from storing this info for its own purposes, it will at least become anonymous.
Google announced in January that it would be reducing its more than 60 privacy policies into one cohesive message. With this new policy, if you are logged into Google, the company may be able to collect your information from one service to another, recognizing preferences and making connections across its platforms. If you think not logging into Google will prevent tracking, the Daily Mail points out that the company will just track you by IP address. While Google says that this updated policy doesn’t deviate from its core principals.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why...your-google-browser-history-before-next-week/

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not comfortable with Google anymore. I try not to use Google for searches unless necessary, I've stoped using Gmail as my email service and I've shut off most of the other services I used from Google. It's hard to remain anonymous these days.

And then there's my cell phone... working on removing all that crap too.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not comfortable with Google anymore. I try not to use Google for searches unless necessary, I've stoped using Gmail as my email service and I've shut off most of the other services I used from Google. It's hard to remain anonymous these days.

And then there's my cell phone... working on removing all that crap too.
I am starting to think the same way, the only thing I DO use is Gmail and I have several hundred contacts that I would hate to lose. :unsure:

Which email service did you switch to squerly and does it work anywhere's close to Gmail as far as sending pictures as I use mine mainly for buying and selling ?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The threads got deleted because of some glitch here but I had a post about what browsers and search engines are good and was told (sorry forgot who told me) To try these for search engines: https://www.ixquick.com/ & https://startpage.com/uk/

As for browsers Safari attempted to stop Google from monitoring Apple (and presumably Safari users in general) web-surfing behavior, however Google "hacked" or "tricked" Safaris browser I can't explain it (can barely understand it) so read here: http://articles.businessinsider.com...google-decision-google-s-response-read-google As for me I am still using IE however have Google's cookie blocked. This means I can't access Gmail from IE so I access it from the Google Chrome Browser. I only use Gmail for a few things and no longer use their browser (except for 1 e-mail account.) Read Yahoo's advertising policy they also track your use. I have over half a dozen email accounts I use for various things. I have been using Gmail for more official things but am going to transition from it to something else. You can supposedly opt out from personalized ads. but from Google at least I don't believe it works.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Over half the smart phones are Android which pretty much needs a Gmail account. Apple has been caught tracking location and who knows what else is tracked.

I wish privacy was possible, however, it seems to me that going on the WEB opens you to most anything.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a prepaid cell phone for emergencies I barely know how to use it think I used it twice last year.