• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally put down the G router

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Long story short, I canceled my Napster (now Rhapsody) account, they actually require a DL of all the subscribed music I DL'ed with Napster over 5 years. Wasn't going to do it!

So I went to internet radio (Pandora) for listening in the garage (sometimes) with wireless on the G router but the signal was sporadic at best. Just upgraded to a N router, what a difference. PC in the garage is 100 ft from the router in the house. The signal strength is only a couple clicks higher than the G but I appear not to be losing the signal like I did with the G. Oh happy day!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing worse than no tunes is when they fade in and out. Sounds like you are ready to party now.:clap:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a little disappointed.

From the way you phrased the thread title, I was expecting a picture of a router with a bullet hole in it! :yankchain:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a little disappointed.

From the way you phrased the thread title, I was expecting a picture of a router with a bullet hole in it! :yankchain:

Not until this new one passes the test and it ain't looking good for the G, this one has yet to lose connection all morning. No way I could have done that with the G.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Been running an N router for some time now and the signal is great. With my cable modem I get a consistent 15mbps download speeds to my iMac with around 12 mbps on my Droid. N is the way to go for sure. Are you running dual band? Mine is 2.4 only. Cheers.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Been running an N router for some time now and the signal is great. With my cable modem I get a consistent 15mbps download speeds to my iMac with around 12 mbps on my Droid. N is the way to go for sure. Are you running dual band? Mine is 2.4 only. Cheers.

Dual band with both 2.4 and 5

benspawpaw

hey if you still have that old g and would be willing to give it to a bum who cant afford to buy one i would love to have it.then my wife could takt the laptop to the livingroom latenight and play games and i could go to bed g would be fine its only about 70 ft from one end of the house to the other.send me an e mail to bobbyburns@att.net i could cover postage thanks

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
hey if you still have that old g and would be willing to give it to a bum who cant afford to buy one i would love to have it.then my wife could takt the laptop to the livingroom latenight and play games and i could go to bed g would be fine its only about 70 ft from one end of the house to the other.send me an e mail to bobbyburns@att.net i could cover postage thanks

E-mail sent ............ It's yours, just send me your address via e-mail or PM