• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm now a Keurig owner ... K-cups?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got one and I have to say, I don't think I've had a better home brewed cup of java.

That said, the k-cups are expensive little buggers. Anyone got a line on where to get these things a little cheaper? The best deal I've found is Sam's Club online (80 ct of Newman's extra bold for $36.98). I also have the filter thingy to put your own coffee in, but it's a royal pita.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm on my 3rd Keurig machine (each replaced due to breakdowns during warranty period) and have never found a cheap source for the coffee.

I rarely use mine, its more of a convenience brewer for when I don't want to brew a whole pot of coffee, so I've never really shopped around too much for a deal as a dozen K cups can last me a couple months.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids wanted to get me one for Christmas and I put the ki-bosh on that real quick. I drink one 20 oz coffee about 3-4 times each week, and get it at the local Speedway gas station. Got my pick of 5 or 6 different fresh brewed coffees and any Cappuccino for $.89 in my travel mug. Plus, every 7th cup is free...any size! Works out to less than the Keurig K cups, and I don't have to clean the damn pot when finished. IMO Keurig is just another yuppie toy that separates you from your money, and takes up precious counter space. YMMV

Oh, my SIL always asks for the K cups as gifts because he hates to spend the money on them. He is also on his third machine in the warranty period. Hope you have better luck.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just got one and I have to say, I don't think I've had a better home brewed cup of java.

That said, the k-cups are expensive little buggers. Anyone got a line on where to get these things a little cheaper?

Here Get These, they willl never let you down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68"]RedSoloCup[/ame]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that damn song is stuck in my head and won't go away. i know, I'll post it on facelessbook so everyone else gets it stuck in their head.

Trakternut

Jeeze! SWMBO Loves that song. Someone, once, referred to it as a brainworm. Gets into your head and won't come out. She knows it annoys me, too. :glare: The other day, she was home and it came on the radio. Silly girl called me and held her phone to the radio so I could hear it. Was the first time I almost hung up on her too. :ermm:

Trakternut

Oh, (heh heh) about the coffee brewers: I have a little MrCoffee that holds about 2 mugs of brew. Has the little basket and no filters. Maybe that's what jpr's referring to as a pita. I don't mind it so much. Dump the grounds into the trash can and back rinse the basket down the kitchen drain. Makes a fair cuppa joe too!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought Keuig was a Bra compamy and a k-cup ...... well it speaks for itself . So thanks for nothing !!!!:unsure::glare:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
We lost EastTexFrank's post in the "crash" but he basically confirmed that Sam's is about as cheap as you can find the k-cups.

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond last night and got 3 boxes of 18 for $9 each after using a coupon. That translates to $20/lb. But what da heck. At least I don't have to buy filters!:w00t2:

This morning, I tried the black sumatran, and it's one wicked powerful cup o' mud!!

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I found another source for k-cups. They're not exactly the same, but for $13.59\36 count, I figured they're worth a try: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/San-Francisco-Bay-Coffee-36-Count/dp/B006IOKA84/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327592999&sr=8-2"]San Francisco Bay Coffee One Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Fog Chaser, 36-Count: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

I just placed an order, so after I've had a chance to try them, I'll report back!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We lost EastTexFrank's post in the "crash" but he basically confirmed that Sam's is about as cheap as you can find the k-cups.

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond last night and got 3 boxes of 18 for $9 each after using a coupon. That translates to $20/lb. But what da heck. At least I don't have to buy filters!:w00t2:

This morning, I tried the black sumatran, and it's one wicked powerful cup o' mud!!

I wondered where my post went!!!!!

We mainly drink the Newman's Own these days. I used to love the Sumatra Reserve first thing in the morning. Hell, if that stuff doesn't get you up and running, call the coroner. :w00t2:

We're the opposite of Bob, we use ours at least 6 times a day and probably closer to 10 so if you find a better source for the K-cups let us know.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Best source is directly from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Cafe' Express I believe they call it. My wife handles the details, I just drink it. If you want to know more let me know and I'll pick mother's brain.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Best source is directly from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Cafe' Express I believe they call it. My wife handles the details, I just drink it. If you want to know more let me know and I'll pick mother's brain.

Thanks for the info. I checked them out a long time ago and, with shipping, it was basically the same as BB&B. I need to look into it again.

Thanks.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. I checked them out a long time ago and, with shipping, it was basically the same as BB&B. I need to look into it again.

Thanks.

Mother informs me that if you buy 4 boxes or more, there is free shipping. That would be the regular size boxes. She also informs me that Costco does have good pricing but they do not offer the full menu of coffee like GMCR does.

For my stomach, I need a weaker blend like Breakfast Blend which unfortunately Costco does not offer. :biggrin:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah that sounds about right. I have some old receipts that show $13.49/Box but that could have gone up by now. Yes you must join but I do not believe there is any contract or fee. My wife would never go for that. :wink:

If you find a deal, please let us know, I am a cheap old Yankee who hates to give money away. Don't we all?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I drink 1, maybe 2 at the most, cups of coffee a day and almost none in the summer, I love the little Keurig machine. I even started a happy thread about how they replaced, basically no questions asked, my out of warranty machine a month or so ago.

I went in with a couple other people and we split a rather large order between us and I think it got the cost down to around .38c per cup. Still, being that I don't drink a quart or two of coffee each day and I rather strongly prefer the taste of the K-Cup brew, it works out much better for me than making even one of those smaller pots of coffee and throwing most all of it away each time. Like in the winter, I'll have a cup of Breakfast Blend for breakfast and then maybe a cup of Nantucket Blend around lunch. A regular coffee maker just never has cut it for a guy like me and I know for a fact that I've thrown away more coffee, by far, than I've consumed. Besides, those coffee grounds really stink up the trash. My wife hates coffee and I had to move my 'regular' coffee machine out to the guest house. It turns out that what she hated was the smell of the grounds in the trash. So, my little Keurig got my coffee maker back in the house too! :clap: I no longer even own a "old style" coffee maker anymore.

The Keurig probably isn't such a good deal for the power coffee drinkers who can drink a pot or two a day. It would definitely cost them more. It costs me less and I positively drink more coffee now than before because the taste is so much better and I like rotating between different blends. I bought a box of the hot chocolate K-Cups and I never got to try one. My wife and kids polished all of them off in a couple of days. I'll just stick to my coffee and tea with the Keurig.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
So far, the best overall deal we've found is at Sam's Club; the price for an 80 K-cup box works out to $0.50 per cup. Since
we don't do full pots of coffee (and hate throwing better than half a pot a day) this price is completely reasonable.

Be interesting to get your report on the stuff from the San Francisco place.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I found another source for k-cups. They're not exactly the same, but for $13.5936 count, I figured they're worth a try: San Francisco Bay Coffee One Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Fog Chaser, 36-Count: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

I just placed an order, so after I've had a chance to try them, I'll report back!

Ok, so I ordered these things Thursday, and now they're here! I chose the Fog Chaser, and it's a pretty dern good brew, on par with the Sumatran Reserve. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna buy me some more ....:clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I did not progress into the Amazon cart to verify. Is their any shipping consts? That's a good price.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I did not progress into the Amazon cart to verify. Is their any shipping consts? That's a good price.

I'm an Amazon Prime member, so I didn't have any shipping cost. I dunno if that has anything to do with it though.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Fwiw, I've seen kcups at tjmax. I don't have akuereg, so I never looked at the price.