• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Apple's "Tunes Match"

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, since I have a lot of songs that took me literally years (a little at a time) to rip to my computer I thought it would be nice to have them available to all my Mac equipment so I signed up for the "iTunes Match" in iTunes. Anyone else do that? I think it will be pretty cool to have all my songs in my "cloud" to use.

One problem though; be prepared to wait a bit if you have a big collection of songs. I started this morning and with the fastest cable internet speed available here it's on, let's see, song 951.....out of 42,843 songs! :doh: I think this is going to take a while!

When I was in college I worked as a repair tech for Von's electronics (Bob ought to remember them) and instead of pay, I took CD's for pay. They were the newest thing out then. I do have a hundred or two "half speed mastered LP's on virgin vinyl". Anyone remember those? Most of mine have either been played once, to record on cassette, or haven't been opened. Maybe some day they will be worth some money. My kids were absolutely fascinated when I hooked up my old (but cutting edge at the time) Dual turntable with direct drive and a Concorde stylus that would play just fine as it was hung on the wall vertically. I bet not too many recall those!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My kids were absolutely fascinated when I hooked up my old (but cutting edge at the time) Dual turntable with direct drive and a Concorde stylus that would play just fine as it was hung on the wall vertically. I bet not too many recall those!
Same turntable I use(d) Model CS515 if I recall correctly. Not sure of my stylus. Any recommendations on the method to take that into the digital world?

Thanks for the heads-up on Tunes Match. I'll let my kids know (especially my daughter who didn't sync with anything until after her iPod crashed and she lost everything.