• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need help -emachines T2885

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
webcam I have. It has an USB cable and another cable to put into a camera/video port. The desktop is an emachines T2885, on the front I see ports for a headset and a microphone on the back ports for a microphone and speakers nowhere can I see a port for a webcam. Do you know where that would be?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
"IF" it has USB then it may not have a port hooked up. You would have to buy an internal USB connector similar to this (cheapest option):

USB-5F-APort_01.jpg

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...id=282&zenid=58c44c2576a41e88a675282dcba87dc7

You can get something nicer if you look around.

You will also need a motherboard manual that tells you where to plug it in if it is not written on the motherboard itself.

Hope this helps.

PB

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The kind of webcam I have has a usb cable and another cable with a round plug I can't find a plug for that cable. When I just plug it into the USB port nothing happens.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Was there a driver disk for the webcam? Or you might be able to find the driver installer on the manufacturer's website.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
That won't help me find port to plug it into because apparently the webcam I have it won't work with only the usb cable and not the other cable (that plugs into the port I can't find) plugged in. I need to know where the video input (NOT usb) port is, if you don't know where that port is please don't post

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What does the cable coming from the webcam end with? It should be usb or if an older model it may have a vga plug. Can you take a pic of it?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The webcam has both a usb or if an older model a vga plug, (I didn't know what the Vga plug was called.)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You should be able to plug in the usb end on your computer. Then you may have to tell windows to find it using install new hardware option. Do you have a disk with the drivers for the camera?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
nope no no disk with drivers (it's a gearhead so I may have to check there website., ) if I had it it's long gone I will try what you said in the morning. I will try what you told me in the morning. Thx for the help