• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Smokin the bird???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
WE have a fella that just moved here from Ok. He is smoking or deep frying turkeys for $20 a piece for Thankgiving , you supply the bird . Now I have never tried deep fried turkey but hear it is good . I do love smoke turkey .

Is $20 high ?

I have tried Tur- Duc-Hen and LOVED it . Wish I had ordered one for this year ...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Your going to pay him $20.00 to cook the turkey? Why don't you cook it yourself?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As one gets older DYI becomes very overated.

That said,

Best Turkey I ever had was smoked on a grill sorta jerry rigged with bricks and fired with old wood firewood.

We were loading up a U=Haul to move from Chicago to St Louis and the turkey was a Kroger cheapy left over in the freezer. So I thought "what the hell, I'll just kinda BBQ smoke it all day whilst we load things up.

Hardly paid any mind to the thing as it sputtered and burnt. Got the truckloaded and we opened the hood on the old soon to be discarded grill.

Burnt to a crisp on the back side and delectably delicious on the other. The bird weighed 20Lbs when we started and by the end of the meal the four of us had consumed it all. Every last morsel,,,,,, and were looking for more.

Either we were real hungry from working so hard or that turkey was awsome. But smoked has been my favorite way to go ever since.

I'd pay $20 bucks to have it done.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I guess if you don't have the time or you don't know how to do it then pay the guy. In our family cooking the food is as much a part of the celibration as eating it. But regardless of what you decide, I'm sure it's gonna be good!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Your going to pay him $20.00 to cook the turkey? Why don't you cook it yourself?

Well,,, by the time I get the wood for smokin , hope to God I don't screw it up , and actually get to serve the damn thing at the right time on Thankgiving Day I am thinking $20 may not be so bad .
We have a couple old friends comming over and I would hate to serve them tuna fish sandwiches cause I screwed up the bird ...:w00t2:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a couple old friends comming over and I would hate to serve them tuna fish sandwiches cause I screwed up the bird ...:w00t2:
Good point... and there's no guarantee you won't screw the tuna up either! Pay the man!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Al,give it a try. It's really good stuff! $20 isn't bad considering the time it takes to do it.
That,and you'll lose 2 inches in your waist ,gain 4 inches in your chest,and 37.5cm elsewhere.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd pay him $20. Fried is the very best way to do turkey although, I must admit, that my wife hasn't let me do them that way for a long time. Smoking is next best but this Thanksgiving she's going to oven roast it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Deep fried turkey is delicious if it's done right.
My BIL did it that way once a few years back and it was good.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd pay him $20. Fried is the very best way to do turkey although, I must admit, that my wife hasn't let me do them that way for a long time. Smoking is next best but this Thanksgiving she's going to oven roast it.
Ditto what Frank said. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how dangerous deep frying one can be if you have never done it before . :unsure:

If he is supplying the cooker and the grease , 20 bucks is a steal, if you can watch him do it its even better IMO. :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Quit being a cheap SOB and pay him to do the bird. That frees up Dr. Rum time for you!:clap::clap:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• ft.jpg
    ft.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 68

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Fella down near Rusty burned the whole back of his house up with a fryer that was sitting on a wobbly surface and fell over. Oil torched the deck and the siding right up.