• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new PC with win 7

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I replaced my very old pc with one that has a i3 duo win 7 ultimate and a ssd hard drive. The first try I had one built for someone else and didn't discover it untill I had it running at home. So the second one went some what faster on the install. It only cost me 20 miles of drive time for the screw up. I think I should have gone with a larger hard drive . My 64 gb is showing 1/4 filled already.
I had to buy a modem for the outside because they don't make or put them in them anymore. My next step may be to dump the dialup. No cable in my area .
Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
64gb is so small now days. I'd up to a 500 or terabyte hard drive.
I didn't have cable in my area for the longest time. I used dial up as a backup and bought an air card from my cell phone company. cost about the same as cable and not quite as fast but 1000 times better than dial up. Hopefully you have a cell tower in your vicinity. If not there is always hughes net (satellite).

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I just picked up a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge. It came with a 500 gb and I have a 2TB portable drive that I use with it. I also keep a 1 TB connected to my docking station that I use for other types of stuff.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
How's the SSD drive for performance? I bet your system is pretty fast.

I keep thinking of putting one in as my primary OS drive but haven't got the time for the downtime and hassles associated with swapping drives.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The computer is fast .It turns on like a slow light bulb but I think it is the waiting on the moniter .I think I could speed it up some but I'm not worried about it. If you reboot after changes maybe 10 seconds to get back so you can do something.
It seem to be working out good.
I just had to bitch about installing it twice. They taped my paperwork to someone else computer that was all boxed the same.
Jim