• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Review of New Lenovo computers

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok guys I've been using them now for a couple of months and am pretty impressed with both.

To recap the office machine is a desktop while my personal machine is a laptop (first I've owned but not used). The desktop has and i7-260 @ 3.40ghz chip with 16 gig of Ram while the lap top is an i5-2410 @ 2.30 ghz chip with 8 gig ram. From that point on both have 500 gig disk drive, HD Video with Blu-ray/DVD/CD burner.

Now the lap top also comes with built in WiFi Intel card so it pretty much will work with either a modem or in a hot spot. Both systems also came with Windows 7 x64 Professional and 3 year warranties. The desktop without the monitor was $995 (had a dell 21" HD monitor already) and the lap top was $549 at tiger direct. Combined price is cheaper than what I paid for my 8 year old dell when I purchased it new. I also got a Lenovo docking station for the laptop for home use.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you got a good deal Joe. Glad they are working out for you, and thanks for the input on Lenovo computers, I'd never heard of them until you posted about them.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, Lenovo bought IBM's PC division a few years ago.

Jim

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I know they make IBM PC however I wasn't aware they bought them Jim. At any rate they do come with a 3 year warranty unlike the rest of the makers out there. They also don't load them up with junk but with Lenovo Think Vantage software that is great for trouble shooting, keeping up with upgrades from them as well as what ever you might have installed. The only thing I removed from the system was a 30 day free trial version of McAfee virus checker. I use AVG Business Addition and Microsoft Security Essentials.