• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flavored ice cubes are more than a novelty

monkeyboy7

I'm always trying new things when it comes to drinks. One recent discovery I'm quite pleased with is flavored ice cubes. All you have to do is take a liquid ingredient (or dilute the ingredient in water), and freeze it in an ice cube tray. I know this is kind of a novelty, like the guy who put a new ingredient in his coffee every day, but hear me out. Flavored ice cubes can actually be useful.

Case in point: hot foods. They say milk is the best way to get rid of the sensation of hot foods, but it has to be chilled properly and remain in your mouth for quite some time. Solution? Milk ice cubes, which melt very slowly in your mouth. Funny enough, you can also do the opposite and add heat to your ice cubes by picking up some capsaicin.

I encourage everyone to try making a flavoured ice cube at least once. With so many ingredients out there, there is a good chance you'll like at least one ice cube variation. Protip, though: try to pick up some (link removed -- violates ToS) if this becomes a hobby like mine. They don't leech toxins into your ice cubes like plastic trays (lots of PCB).

Last edited by a moderator:

monkeyboy7

Welcome if you are a new member, but not if you are advertising, which it seems you are.

Thanks, Rusty. It wasn't my intention to advertise anything. I've been posting about flavoured ice cubes in several forums now, and thought the members of this one would be interested in them, too. There's so much ground to cover on the topic (which can frankly be boring), so I thought I'd just give a brief overview to anyone interested. Actually, I invite anyone who wants to learn more to PM me.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I kept telling her it was an ice cube, and you know what, it finally melted in her mouth..........