• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Strange characters ???

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
A few pages on the web have come up looking like Polish or something.
On this forum all the moderators names are screwed up....

What's happening ?

Attachments

• FFbigAl.jpg
    FFbigAl.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 104
  • FFbigDog.jpg
    FFbigDog.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 102
  • FFthrici.jpg
    FFthrici.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 103

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Reboot your system. Your Web Browser has been corrupted. It may be a simple fix by shutting down the whole system and rebooting. It may be that you have to download your Browser software again because your software was corrupted. It may be a virus.

I had this happen to me a while ago. Rebooting my computer seemed to solve the problem . . . temporarily.

I fixed it with a newer version of the Web Browser and have not had problems since.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Before rebooting as Bob says I would first clean the cookies and history out.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey!!! You're all back to normal :yum:

Safari crashed a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't restarted everything.

Thanks.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The first one is Big Al! What kind of mod are you if you can't figure that much out?:whistling:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The first one is Big Al! What kind of mod are you if you can't figure that much out?:whistling:

Yeah your right, but it could have bee any other mod if it didn't have the Post attached to it as being the first one and not a reply. Your still not normal though. :poke:

Lia

Banned
A few pages on the web have come up looking like Polish or something.
On this forum all the moderators names are screwed up....

What's happening ?

pixie, glad that you've got it sorted; just a word of advice tho hon; always delete your cookies every day. I do mine sometimes several times a day (its not necessary to do them more than once a day but I'm a neat freak), but one should do them at least once a day, imho. I always do them last thing at night also.

:smile:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Wouldn't I have to enter my password everywhere everytime if I deleted the cookies ??

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wouldn't I have to enter my password everywhere everytime if I deleted the cookies ??

Yes, but only the first time you go back to each of the websites that require a password. Sometimes when flaky things like this happen its a good idea. If a simple reboot doesn't solve the problem then deleting your "History", clearing your "Cache" and deleting your "Cookies" followed by a re-boot will do the trick.

If that doesn't work then doing it all AGAIN, immediately followed by a "software update" which is immediately followed by ANOTHER re-boot will often do the trick.

If all of that doesn't work, then its best to delete the program and download & re-install a new copy of the program from scratch. . . the downside to that is you lose ALL your bookmarks, etc.

Lia

Banned

Yes, but as Melensdad says, only for the first time; and trust me, leaving them to gather and collect will only slow your computer down in the long run if'n you don't delete them regularly. They can cause all sorts of problems. :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I use Firefox and have it set to delete cookies after every session. Then run Glary utilities and ATF cleaner. That way there is nothing left for sites to track. Disk cleanup once a day also. As far as passwords mine are stored and auto insert except for banking sites. Those I have set to get a one time authentication each time I use them.