• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bacon Cupcakes!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
picture.php

Bacon Maple Cupcakes

Ingredients
* 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
* 1/2 tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the fridge to become solid)
* 1 egg
* 5 tablespoons brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 1/4 cups self rising flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* tiny tiny pinch kosher salt
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/4 cup of minced bacon, cooked and drained

What you’ll do–
* 1) Cook some bacon in a fry pan (about 6 thick strips). Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify. Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon. The chef should eat whatever is left to assure that the bacon is tasty.
* 2) Beat the crud out of the butter and solidified bacon fat ’till light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
* 3) Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
* 4) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together.
* 5) Add some of the flour and mix, then some of the milk, then continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon. Taste and add more maple syrup, flour, or milk if needed for desired taste. Keep in mind the maple frosting is very sweet, and to add in very small increments for alterations as maple syrup in large amounts can break a cake batter.
* 6) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.

Maple Syrup Frosting

Ingredients
* 4 tablespoons of butter.
* 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
* 1 cup of powdered sugar.
* turbinado sugar (optional, but recommended).
* coarse grain sea salt (optional, but recommended).

What You’ll Do –
* Combine the syrup and butter until combined. Add the sugar, a bit at a time, and whip at high speeds until combined. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Sprinkle on sea salt and turbinado sugar for decoration and a lot of added flavor.
(add some crumbled BACON TOO!)

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
For some reason I was thinking it was going to be an egg/bacon type quiche.

Would be interesting to try though!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
bump!

I have just tasted heaven :D

Glazed-maple frosted -bacon donut!
These things are selling like... umm...hotcakes around here, at Pat's Donuts & Kreme.:biggrin:
That was me lunch..

2011-09-15 12-12-25.044.jpg

2011-09-15 12-20-12.366.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My gawd it was soooooooooooooooooooo good!
I don't eat sweets that often Rusty.. this was my guilty pleasure today.
Funny, I stopped to get it on the way home from the dentist, to mess up my clean toofers lol

dontaylor

I know, cupcakes and bacon sound like an unholy confection, but I'm of the philosophy that one can never have too much bacon. Fortunately, Southern Living shares similar life views.

For this recipe you will need:
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup cooked, finely crumbled bacon
1/2 cub melted butter
1/4 cup fined chopped herbs (I used dill, thyme, and chives)
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups self-rising flour
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
Garnishes: assorted fresh herbs, cooked and crumbled bacon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the first 6 ingredients. Add flour and stir until blended (mixture will be thick). Spoon batter into lightly greased miniature muffin pans.
Bake for 26 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from pans to a wire rack and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Spread or pipe tops of cupcakes with cream cheese (they're just as delicious with or without). Garnish, if desired and enjoy!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i adore salty & sugary blended together. was addicted to those one granola bars- damn, i miss those. so i'd probably luv these