• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Microsoft to roll out huge fix next week

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This months’ batch of security patches from Microsoft will be a huge one: 16 bulletins covering a wide range of security holes in the Windows operating system. Nine of the 16 bulletins are rated “critical” because of the risk of remote code execution attack.

According to an advance notice from the Redmond, Wash. software maker, two of the critical bulletins will address high-severity vulnerabilities in the Internet Explorer browser.
In addition to security holes in the Windows OS and Internet Explorer, the following products are also affected by the June patch batch:

• Microsoft .NET Framework
  • Microsoft Silverlight
  • Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway
  • Microsoft Office
  • Microsoft SQL Server
  • Microsoft Visual Studio
All supported versions of Windows are affected by this month’s patches, which are scheduled for release on Tuesday June 14, 2011.

Lia

Banned
I just know that your post is important muley, but I'm not in the least bit tecnically savvy. Should I be worried? Should I be getting someone to look at things on my comp. Out of that list I recognize 'microsoft office' as being software that I have. :unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No need to worry. The hackers have been busy and perhaps MS has been a little lax on fixes. I don't use their software like office so it is not like I would lose anything. I think it is mainly aimed to protecting the business customers as hackers have found new ways into systems. I don't keep any data on my PC so all they would get is pictures of cows and plants!:yum::yum: