• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IBM UPS Office Professional OP500

JayC

Huh?
Today a friend of mine who is an auctioneer had another one of his estate auctions. At the auction in one of the box lots was a UPS. I have always wanted one but never got around to getting one. I had to help clear the house out and saw it prior to auction start. I thought he would sell it individually but I guess not. Anyway the box lot went for a whopping $1. The UPS seems to be in good condition, however I know nothing about them. It didn't come with a manual. I'm leery about plugging the computer into it not knowing anything about it. I tried looking for info on it on the Internet but couldn't find much. I tried IBM's website but it didn't have anything. Do any of you know anything about this particular UPS?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know we have a couple of IBM UPS units at the office connected to each of our AS/400 systems. We may have some connected to some of the other emergency systems too? I don't know the model numbers but I do know they are IBM. When I get to the office I will check for you. If I have that model, or one from a similar series I will let you know.