• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best Supermarket Coffees

I know that most of us like...scratch that, LOVE coffee. I saw this list and thought I'd share.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/601/the-best-coffee/

Light Roasts, Best Ground
Allegro Coffee Organic Breakfast Blend

Grown without pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers, this fragrant mix has “delicious hints of blackberry,” said a tester. “It wakes up your mouth,” added Jonathan Rubinstein, owner of the Joe cafés, in New York City.

To buy: $11 for 12 ounces.

Light Roasts, Best Whole Bean
Newman’s Own Organics Nell’s Breakfast Blend

This delicious concoction “is smooth, mild, bright, and refreshing,” said Rubinstein. Said a fan: “Love the citrus tang.”

To buy: $9 for 10 ounces.

Medium Roasts, Best Ground
The Organic Coffee Company Zen Blend

“I adore the aroma,” said a tester of the chocolate and nut notes. “And it’s pleasant to drink from start to finish.” Bonus: The company helps fund schools for the growers’ kids.

To buy: $9 for 12 ounces.

Medium Roasts, Best Whole Bean
Tully’s Coffee House Blend

Processing in small batches in a vintage cast-iron roaster renders these beans, in the words of one coffee lover, “buttery and silky, with delicate sweet tones.”

To buy: $11 for 10 ounces.

Dark Roasts, Best Ground
Peet’s Coffee Major Dickason’s Blend

“The “earthy, robust punch” of this full-bodied coffee impressed several testers, who went back for seconds. Said one, “It’s strong but smooth.”

To buy: $11.50 for 12 ounces.

Dark Roasts, Best Whole Bean
Starbucks Coffee Italian Roast

As with most Italian-style coffees, the beans of this intensely smoky brew are roasted very dark, making any espresso lover happy.

To buy: $9.50 for 12 ounces.

Decaffeinateds, Best Ground
Maxwell House Decaffeinated Original

This arabica coffee has “none of the chemical flavor some decafs have,” said a staffer. Others called it “one hundred percent smooth,” “balanced,” and “a good medium roast.”

To buy: $5 for 11.5 ounces.

Decaffeinateds, Best Whole Bean
Eight O’Clock Coffee Decaffeinated 100% Colombian

This entry has an almost flowerlike flavor that our testers found “delightful and mellow, with no bitter aftertaste.”

To buy: $7 for 12 ounces.

Best Cult Coffees
The following coffees were recommended by Rubinstein:

• Counter Culture Coffee 21st de Septiembre. A cherry- and nut-scented coffee.

To buy: $12.25 for 12 ounces, counterculturecoffee.com.

• Stumptown Coffee Roasters Hair Bender. A complex, citrusy morning roast.

To buy: $11 for 12 ounces, stumptowncoffee.com.

• Blue Bottle Coffee Co. Three Africans. An extremely smooth dark roast with a chocolate aroma.

To buy: $19 for 16 ounces, bluebottlecoffee.net.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
On our Hawaiian cruise last year we were introduced to Kauai Peaberry. It is a Medium-Dark roast, and it simply the most delicious coffee we have ever had - period. We find it at World Market, and at $8.99 f0r 12 ounces is an incredible bargain.

Okay, World Market isn't exactly a supermarket, but this coffee needs to be listed up there with the best; it's much better than the more well known Kona!

On our Hawaiian cruise last year we were introduced to Kauai Peaberry. It is a Medium-Dark roast, and it simply the most delicious coffee we have ever had - period. We find it at World Market, and at $8.99 f0r 12 ounces is an incredible bargain.

Okay, World Market isn't exactly a supermarket, but this coffee needs to be listed up there with the best; it's much better than the more well known Kona!

I've had Kona but never heard of this one. I'll have to look for it and give it a try. Thanks!:thumb: