• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dumplings

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I have not had dumplings since by brother had his stroke two years ago. I was getting hungry for them and decided to try and make them. Checked out the internet and his cook books but the recipes did not look right. Called my sister and the recipes were correct. That will teach me to pay closer attention when this stuff is made. My mother and brother both made great dumplings but they are no longer around to ask and to watch them make them.

Had all of the ingredients to make them. They turned out great and now I feel like the thanksgiving turkey all stuffed.

Dumpling making must run in the family.

Attachments

• comp dumpling.jpg
    comp dumpling.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 98
  • comp pot.jpg
    comp pot.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 99

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Job Well Done. They look good.

My oldest daughter for some reason got into making dumplings some time ago. She loved her grandma's that lived out in your area and she makes her recipe. About the only ones I will eat.

Lia

Banned
I like stew and Dumplings to, on a cold winters day, and, well done Red; but I really must protest! Bread dough? lol. I hope you added the suet! :unsure:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I like stew and Dumplings to, on a cold winters day, and, well done Red; but I really must protest! Bread dough? lol. I hope you added the suet! :unsure:

Now your talking Lia.....Beef stew and dumplings i cook once a week through the winter months as it is true English winter comfort food....now i am hungry:w00t2:

Attachments

• beef stew.jpg
    beef stew.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 83

Lia

Banned
Now your talking Lia.....Beef stew and dumplings i cook once a week through the winter months as it is true English winter comfort food....now i am hungry:w00t2:

That really looks delicious Galvi, lol. And it is indeed a typical British meal, just like scrambled eggs are. The American way of doing scrambled eggs is entirely different tho...

For anyone interested here, who doesn't know the English version of scrambled eggs, here's the method. Really nice! :smile:

Crack 2 eggs into a half a litre/1 pint jug.

Add to the eggs a large dollop of butter, and (optional), a pinch of salt and pepper.

Whisk.

Add to the mixture approx. 2 fluid ounces of milk (semi or full, it doesn't matter, unless one is dieting). Whisk again.

Pop into the microwave, on full. You will need to watch the mixture because it rises and expands considerably. Stir gently and occasionally. It should take roughly around a couple of minutes to cook.

Towards the end of the cooking time (and again this is optional), one can add grated cheese to the mixture, or sliced/diced mushrooms.

Voila! :smile:

Last edited:
That really looks delicious Galvi, lol. And it is indeed a typical British meal, just like scrambled eggs are. The American way of doing scrambled eggs is entirely different tho...

For anyone interested here, who doesn't know the English version of scrambled eggs, here's the method. Really nice! :smile:

Crack 2 eggs into a half a litre/1 pint jug.

Add to the eggs a large dollop of butter, and (optional), a pinch of salt and pepper.

Whisk.

Add to the mixture approx. 2 fluid ounces of milk (semi or full, it doesn't matter, unless one is dieting). Whisk again.

Pop into the microwave, on full. You will need to watch the mixture because it rises and expands considerably. Stir gently and occasionally. It should take roughly around a couple of minutes to cook.

Towards the end of the cooking time (and again this is optional), one can add grated cheese to the mixture, or sliced/diced mushrooms.

Voila! :smile:

I add milk sometimes, but I don't add butter. But it is in the frying pan of course (never used the microwave for eggs). Sometimes instead of salt and pepper, I'll add some garlic salt. I like mushrooms, onions or peppers. Have you ever tried squash in scrambled eggs? Yum! Definitely parmesan on that.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I add milk sometimes, but I don't add butter. But it is in the frying pan of course (never used the microwave for eggs). Sometimes instead of salt and pepper, I'll add some garlic salt. I like mushrooms, onions or peppers. Have you ever tried squash in scrambled eggs? Yum! Definitely parmesan on that.
What no sense of adventure Jackie ? :biggrin: You outa try to poach eggs in the micro sometime it can be quite entertaining especially if your wanting a new microwave. :yum:

It actually makes the best poached eggs you cam make IMO , but if you dont have the timing just right its a real mess .

FYI , Thats exactlly the same way I fix scrambled eggs Lia, only on the skillet as I have lost my microwave rights . :w00t2:

What no sense of adventure Jackie ? :biggrin: You outa try to poach eggs in the micro sometime it can be quite entertaining especially if your wanting a new microwave. :yum:

It actually makes the best poached eggs you cam make IMO , but if you dont have the timing just right its a real mess .

FYI , Thats exactlly the same way I fix scrambled eggs Lia, only on the skillet as I have lost my microwave rights . :w00t2:

Too many poached eggs?:biggrin:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Our Scout Troop camps year round. We have had stew with dumplings cooked over a coals on a cold drizzly Spring Camporee campout more than once. Comfort food. "Gut Putty" as a friend says; fills you up and sticks to your ribs all nice and satisfying:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If she would have listened to me and stayed in the kitchen today I would be having a turkey stew with dumplings tonight. As it is I will end up making hot turkey sandwiches instead. Might have to get some beef stew chunks out tomorrow and make dumplings on top.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Now I'm hungry too:hammer: and the wife is out of town:unsure:although if i clean up after myself:shifty: I'm not sure if i have any beef stew.