• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

iPad responsible for killing American jobs!?!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Darn if technology isn't a job killer. So says Jesse Jackson, Jr.

I guess if we all used horse and buggies to get to work and Henry Ford came along with his car, then Congressman Jackson would bemoan the lack of jobs in the buggy whip industry.

While I wish we could actually make something here in the US, I blame Congress, EPA, OSHA and the IRS for companies moving offshore.

Link to VIDEO blabbering by Jesse Jackson Jr => http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...kson_jr_blames_the_ipad_for_killing_jobs.html
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), who admits to owning an iPad, blames the Apple Inc. product for "eliminating thousands of American jobs."

"A few short weeks ago I came to the House floor after having purchased an iPad and said that I happened to believe, Mr. Speaker, that at some point in time this new device, which is now probably responsible for eliminating thousands of American jobs. Now Borders is closing stores because, why do you need to go to Borders anymore? Why do you need to go to Barnes & Noble? Buy an iPad and download your newspaper, download your book, download your magazine," Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL, Chicago) said on the House floor Friday afternoon.

Ironically, it was only last month that Rep. Jackson was promoting the Apple iPad and Amazon on the House floor.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess he's never heard of PC's, laptops, smart phones etc. They all can do the same thing and usually better than the ipad. :pat:

loboloco

This actually isn't the Rev. This is his son. You know, the one that dropped on his head one time too many.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
This actually isn't the Rev. This is his son. You know, the one that dropped on his head one time too many.
Mental disorders run in families. my whole freaking family is nuts (as if you couldn't tell by my musings).