• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What email software do you use most?

What email software do you use most?

• Outlook

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Outlook Express

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Thunderbird

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Eudora Free version

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Eudora paid version

• Hot Mail

• Lotus Notes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo

• Other1

• I use more than 1, each for a special purpose.

• Total voters

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm curious what you all are using for email software, so I'm starting a poll.

If you use one that is not listed in the poll reply with the name and I'll add it.

Also Please tell us why you prefer yours over the others.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use outlook 2000. The rest of my office products are 2003. The reason I stay with 2000 for outlook is because it has a share feature that uses email to update where 2003 only allows you to share pst files that are on a server. For me traveling that is not possible.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I've used Eudora for years. No virus attacks, no hijacked address books, just gathers and sends mail.

Jim

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know exactly how to vote. I use Outlook at work. But here at home, I use Outlook Express for my Roadrunner mail, Yahoo I've been using for 10+ years for some things and Excite Mail for others.

Doc, Maybe you should add to the poll. I use more than one, two....etc.

Or can you click more than one?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay TC, I added a choice for more than one.

I use Lotus Notes at work. And probably spend more time in it than any mail client, but I did not vote for it because given a choice it is not what I'd choose. I guess I wanted to know which you like best & why, more than which you use most. I bet everyone on here has had a yahoo, hotmail, or excite email at one time or another. I don't use any of those now, but I've sure had a few of those accounts.
I even signed up for a bigfoot.com email address for life. They allowed you to set up an account and forward the bigfoot mail to your prefered account. So you never gave out your real email address. It was nice until they turned into the worst spammers ever. :(

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
jim slagle said:
I've used Eudora for years. No virus attacks, no hijacked address books, just gathers and sends mail.
Me too. For family email, the really old Free Eudora 3.0.6.

This is simple text, so no worry about fancy emails that call home or redirect your Ebay password to Romania. And easy to set up spam filters. If there's mischef coded in the email it just prints as raw text. I like it better that way. Its far faster than any email that looks like a web page.

For maintaining the dozen email accounts related to my family website, TheBat. This gracefully collects mail from all over and again, presents it as raw text to avoid mischef. I recommend it for this use, but the presentation is not elegant.

My kids use the web email software that comes with my web hosting account but I can't stand it. I read my mail that way only when travelling.

I've tried mail accounts from Netscape, Yahoo, and a couple of othes and couldn't stand them.

Some day I'll investigate Thunderbird.

jwstewar

At work we use Outlook 2000. Getting ready to go with Outlook 2003. They've been waiting on my to finish testing it with my application before they could deploy. Fortunately most things work, but I do have to do some minor tweaks to my software to get away from the Outlook warnings.

At home I use Outlook XP (2002).

When I first got the Internet ('97 or so) I started out with Eudoria and never did really like it. Went to Outlook Express and liked it much better. Finally once I bought Office 97 and started using that Outlook I was all set and I've used it every since. I really like Outlook and have not had any problems with it at all. Of course, I like most Microsoft products - it also helps that I make a living using their software and developing my own applications using their applications. If most people used a lot of the other commercial products they wouldn't give Microsoft near as much grief. Is Microsoft's software perfect? NO, not by any means. But it is a whole lot better then a lot of the other stuff I come across in the field. Once you start using IBMs crap, you'll start praising Microsoft.:D