• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

iPhone won't ring or log voicemail messages

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm on my 2nd iPhone and have had a few issues with them but overall it has been a great phone. I've had it stop ringing before and all it took was a reboot and all was good again.
This time a reboot is not fixing the issue. And to add to my frustrations, since I miss calls due to the ringer not working now my voicemail will not log the call to show that I have a voice message so I cannot click on anything to listen to the message. I have to call my number to check for voicemails. Rebooting has not fixed this issue either.
So, I figured it was time to upgrade the OS in hopes that would clear everything up. Nope, the problem is still with me. Arrrgggg

Anyone have an idea of what might fix this problem, besides switching to a Droid and tossing the iPhone in the river? I've considered that solution but my contract is not up until this summer.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone have an idea of what might fix this problem, besides switching to a Droid and tossing the iPhone in the river? I've considered that solution but my contract is not up until this summer.

Guess I don't have a suggestion then. :whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Whatever you do, stay away from blackberry. I have one and consider smashing it against a cement wall at least twice a day.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm on my 2nd iPhone and have had a few issues with them but overall it has been a great phone. I've had it stop ringing before and all it took was a reboot and all was good again.
This time a reboot is not fixing the issue. And to add to my frustrations, since I miss calls due to the ringer not working now my voicemail will not log the call to show that I have a voice message so I cannot click on anything to listen to the message. I have to call my number to check for voicemails. Rebooting has not fixed this issue either.
So, I figured it was time to upgrade the OS in hopes that would clear everything up. Nope, the problem is still with me. Arrrgggg

Never ever do that. Just send it to ME:whistling:

My ex-wife now has one.. maybe she can help...

Seriously, I wish I could help, but I got nothing on this issue. I love my blackberry, but am really looking forward to an I-Phone and with the possible announcement of it from Verizon next week.. I may be close!

loboloco

Doc, a really big hammer usually helps. Does nothing for the phone, but definitely will help reduce your frustration level.

BamsBBQ

ok this sounds really bad waiting for it :hide:.. did you happen to silence your ringer? My Otter Box hid the switch and i forgot about that switch.
the switch on the side was the cause of my probs:bonk:If you see an orange dot, its on silent. first hand experience here..lol

as for your calls not showing up i have no idea maybe one of your settings simply turned on or off.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
friend of mine had a similar issue with her iphone - she ended up taking to the apple store where one of their techs fussed with it for 45 minuted before he figured out where the setting was hidden so he could change it.
OTOH, my wife's Samsung Captivate makes the iphone seem anemic and finicky. (down side being significantly shorter battery life due to the gigahertz processor it takes to run it)
whatever you do this summer when you upgrade, stay away from the windows seven phones!