• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
cant believe i havent started this thread yet. so. what brand of coffee do you drink? whatever is free at work? whatever is on sale? or do you have a specific brand that you will only drink?

for me it goes around to whatever is on sale as i only really drink coffee at home on the weekends. but the last can i got is Chock full o nuts and damn i am loving this.

at work i drink whatever they have as it is free. sometimes they put starbucks in the pot, and i just cant drink that stuff so i will go without.

I have a Keurig brewer and I love it. My favorite coffee is Butter Toffee. But I try not to overload on that too much so I also drink Donut House Blends.

Keurig_Elite_Gourmet_Single_Cup_Home_Brewing_System.jpg

mak2

Maxwell House, Folgers or starbucks any French roast or other burnt coffee. Sams Club has a genreic arabica bean coffee that is as good as any and cheap.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Same thing except I prefer their "Nantucket" and "Breakfast Mix" K cups. I got turned on to Green Mountain when I was with my son looking at a military college in Vermont. It's the only brand I think they sell in that state. I didn't even know they had different flavors until I bought one of those really cool Keurig coffee makers. Since I drink one, maybe 2, cups a day, it was perfect for me. Otherwise, I'd never make coffee because I'd pour almost all of it down the drain. Target had a sale right after Thanksgiving and the only one they had was this model Keurig B70 and it was clearance priced.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never have and probably never will. Just not on my list of things I like. But am a Coke drinker or was. I have cut way back on that.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Folgers classic roast or Maxwell house. Wife and I split a pot about 4-5 am and that is it for me for the day.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My absolute favorite is the cup that someone else buys for me.:clap: When buying for myself, it's usually one of the big names that has a sale price. Not much on "burnt" coffees, but I guess enough people like it or they wouldn't sell it. I only drink 1-2 cups per day, and often switch over to tea. I make a gallon, put it in the fridge and can have iced tea or just nuke it and have hot tea. Quick & easy.

What's everyone's favorite convenience store coffee? Yes, there's Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks, but my favorites are Wawa and Quick-Check.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wawa and Turkey Hill go head to head in Lancaster and Chester counties with the convenience stores. Then you have Rutters in the mix as well. The best coffee around here is the Dandy mart and they are growing every year.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Dark Magic is right up there but my favorite is Sumatra Reserve although for a lighter cup I've started drinking Folger's Dark Silk. My wife is developing a taste for Breakfast Blend.

I love that Keurig. What did I ever do do before it?.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Current trend is Dunkin Donuts brand brewed strong. When I travel I treat myself to Starbucks, all I ever ask for is a large coffee, strong as you got. I can't seem to get it to taste the same when I brew it at home.

We experiment all the time ...............

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I like Starbucks or a local coffee house's espresso bean, Ghiradelli chocolate, in a mocha. I never used to like coffee. MY mom and grandparents liked Folgers in the 24cup commercial percolator, strong enough to melt a spoon. Literally. Cowpoke Coffee they called it. My grandfather would sit for hours talking on HAM radio, drinking this espresso like stuff, and smoking Camel unfiltered. Never could get a taste for that stuff; still do not like Folgers just from those childhood memories.

Finally, 16 years ago we were in Seattle. I had my first mocha. I love chocolate. Within a week of returning home we had a steam espresso machine.

Usually use Starbucks espresso beans. A local coffee house has nice espresso roast too. And Ghiradelli chocolate. Have had Krups, and Starbucks brand machines.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There used to be a Dunkin' Donuts in Findlay, Ohio- but it closed down.
No way does the store bought DD even compare to that which is available at their locales.

I like Krispy Kreme's coffee and yes McDonald's.. but just the plain coffee, none of that flavoured crap.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw you hugging that big Mc Donalds cup yesterday.:clap: You look like the wife when I wake her up when we are traveling. Only thing on her mind is coffee!

mak2

Oh yea, I forgot, I like several different kinds of Traders Joes coffees, I just dont get up on the side of town they are on very often.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Every morning I brew a pot with FOLGERS.

At my stores I brew SUPERIOR coffee now, but I used to use (and I still greatly prefer) BARONET coffee. Baronet is a small roaster from Connecticut but the local supplier no longer carries that brand. Its an absolutely great brand, owned by a guy named Bruce Goldsmith, who is a 3rd generation roaster and will take his time to sit down and explain everything about coffee to you. Baronet does offer mail order and I may be ordering some simply because it is THAT good => http://www.baronetcoffee.com/

I also have a K-Cup machine and typically brew a mild roast, something like BREAKFAST BLEND. I use it in the afternoon/evening when I simply want 1 cup and nobody else at home will be drinking coffee. The machine sits in my family room, where I tend to retreat for some silence or to watch the news.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of regional coffees. Community coffee is a regional in the SE and is excellent! That's all they serve in Loozyana. You could always smell the coffee when I lived in Baton Rouge because they had a plant in town.

Last edited:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I don't drink much coffee - but I like Devil Dog brew (regional, company is owned by a retired marine col and a portion of the proceeds go to military and leo charities)

mak2

I don't drink much coffee - but I like Devil Dog brew (regional, company is owned by a retired marine col and a portion of the proceeds go to military and leo charities)

I miss my Marine Corps coffee. Ours came in several viscosities. I perfered 10w40. I gotta look that up and see if it is on the net.

loboloco

coffee is coffee. As long as it provides the caffeine I want and doesn't have a lot of chicory in it, I can drink it.