• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sunday Bread Baking

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is my first ever time making a no knead bread.
I am pretty happy with the results.

2010-12-05 14-19-32.999.jpg

2010-12-05 14-21-12.912.jpg

2010-12-05 14-22-17.532.jpg

2010-12-05 14-24-28.069.jpg

2010-12-05 14-30-09.293.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Spaghetti!... tomorrow.. :D

I just finished up making my dinner of salmon, rice and peas.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Little Pirate, if I'd known you were a bread baker. I'd have sent you my secrets long ago. Here they are:

1) Go to Kroger and buy five frozen loaves of dough for $1.75
2) Put one loaf in a bread pan and place in refrigerator to thaw
3) Next day, remove from refrigerator and let rise until one half inch above pan
4) Bake at 350 for thirty minutes
5) Cool for two hours
6) Run around bragging (my favorite part) about baking bread
7) Bask in the praise of those who believe I started from scratch

See? Nothing too it. Feel free to use my methods but tell people you're using my "recipe". Sit back and bask. Maybe touch your face with a little flour for credibility.

You're welcome. You may now praise me.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey PG...Great Bread!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap: The crumb looks light and airy. How was the flavor???? We love the flavor of fresh no-knead with butter and jam, especially if it has fermented around 18 hours.

We finished making the last of the Christmas cookies, and I made the usual batch of bread for the freezer; Honey whole wheat and Italian.

P1020688.jpg
(file copy...to lazy to take more pics)

Tubbs, I've never made or eaten store-bought dough, but I guess it's the way a lot of people "make bread" today. I have taught several bread baking classes as fundraisers, and people were amazed at how easy it is to make bread from scratch. I make them address their fear (mostly of yeast), and after 3 hours they have made their first loaf of bread. For most people it's an epiphany of sorts. For me, it's very rewarding seeing people doing something that they never thought they could do. Here's their favorite part of the class...

100_0036.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Joe!
I've been studying your techniques, as well as looking at Warren's bread recipes, and searching no knead methods.
The one I followed is based on Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day.
I wanted it to be a rustic loaf and it certainly is.
The flavour is exquisite, nice crumb and crust..
Can't wait to dip some in pasta sauce tomorrow.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great PG , I can make a meal out of homemade bread & real butter these days . :flowers:

That being said , I,m beggining to hate you Jev Because I suck at making it . :w00t2:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great PG , I can make a meal out of homemade bread & real butter these days . :flowers:

That being said , I,m beggining to hate you Jev Because I suck at making it . :w00t2:
If I can do it, you can do it. It ain't rocket science, ya just gotta keep doing it. The no-knead bread is the absolute easiest bread to make. Just go here and watch the videos my friend Eric makes showing you how to do it. You'll be surprised at how simple is.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Cowboy, I am not a baker of bread.
This was easy as pie.
When I've made bread in the recent past, I've used a bread machine... 20 years ago I was making it the tedious way, kneading, rising, punching down..

This works.
If I did it you can too.
Btw, I baked it on the back of a CI skillet that was sprinkled with cornmeal.
:biggrin::brows:
http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/09/no-knead-bread-054-recipe027-loaf.html

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
... 20 years ago I was making it the tedious way, kneading, rising, punching down..
This is how I do it...with a KitchenAid Pro 600. It doesn't have to be hard unless you like doing it old school.

P1020348.jpg

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
If I can do it, you can do it. It ain't rocket science, ya just gotta keep doing it. The no-knead bread is the absolute easiest bread to make. Just go here and watch the videos my friend Eric makes showing you how to do it. You'll be surprised at how simple is.

Cowboy, I am not a baker of bread.
This was easy as pie.
When I've made bread in the recent past, I've used a bread machine... 20 years ago I was making it the tedious way, kneading, rising, punching down..

This works.
If I did it you can too.
Btw, I baked it on the back of a CI skillet that was sprinkled with cornmeal.
:biggrin::brows:
http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/09/no-knead-bread-054-recipe027-loaf.html

Thanks Jev & PG :flowers: , I saved both links to my favorites . I cant see them tonight as my eyes are burning from the cinnamon candy :w00t2:. But it sure does smell good in here . :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is how I do it...with a KitchenAid Pro 600. It doesn't have to be hard unless you like doing it old school.
I'd buy a stand mixer Joe if I baked as much as you do.
Besides, I like doing most things the old fashioned way, don'tcha know.:wink::flowers:
.. my bread machine is ontop of the fridge with a fine layer of dust collecting lol