• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kaspersky Antivirus

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Who is using Kaspersky antivirus?

Thoughts and comments? It's installed and running on my laptop because it is mandatory to have for my wife to log into her work.

I'll give my thoughts after some other comments.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had bad experience with them in 2004 and won't have anything to do with them since. They are worse than Norton to get rid of.

BamsBBQ

Had bad experience with them in 2004 and won't have anything to do with them since. They are worse than Norton to get rid of.

agreed..i still have reminants of it on my laptop that never seems to go away...also had bad experience with them a couple of years ago.

i still go with Avast...hasnt let me down yet and i have been using it for quite some time now

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Used it years ago. I did notice a slowdown in computer performance.

because it is mandatory to have for my wife to log into her work.

How does that work? How would they even know it is installed?:unsure:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
How does that work? How would they even know it is installed?:unsure:

The unique software for her to log into their system needed to be installed and supported by the (stoner) IT guy from her work. The policy is also that any computer logging into the system there must have the same anti-virus that the office uses.

(The IT guy is also the owners' kid. Which is the only reason he is still there.)

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I use it every once in awhile , But I only use the Kaspersky antivirus online scanner , it will detect & remove certain viruses that others wont & wont remove some that others will . :wink:

If you download & run the online scanner its no more dificult to uninstall then any other , however if you purchase it & install it its much like norton & hard to remove all of it but posible . At least thats been my experience . I run Avast as well full time . :wink: