• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Keyboard & Mouse

Dutch-NJ

Ready for a laugh?

In 1998 I bought a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse.

Back then I had to choose between Radio (RF) & Infrared (IR).

I didn’t want to have to keep the in a line of sight, so I chose RF.

I was delighted with my choice, but after 9 years of spilled coffee and cigar ashes, they gave up the ghost last year.

I went shopping, but everything was “optical.” So, I developed work-a-rounds for the non-working keys and the erratic mouse. Finally, it got to the point that I had to do something.

I called Logitech, gave them the number of what I have, and asked what was comparable. The woman gave me a number, I looked it up on Logitech’s website, but it was listed as “optical.”

I told the woman I didn’t want “optical,” I wanted RF. After some more discussion, she realized how ignorant I was. “Optical” did not indicate IR. “Optical” means there is no ball in the mouse to pick up dust, hair, and lint.

Duh................... Boy do I feel stupid.

I could have replaced my keyboard a year ago. Now I have to retrain myself from how I've been using a broken keyboard for the past year.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The optical mouse is pretty neat. Bought one PC with one and after a month replaced the mouse on the other with it.