• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another crash

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Another harddrive has failed me. Only 600-800 pictures this time. I backed it up a few months ago.

I asked the guy who repaired the MacBook if there was a reason I should keep buying Macs... he told me that all computers have the same harddrives.
My last failure was about 2.5 years ago. The external harddrive failed when it was a year old. Now I have two. Remains to be seen if they will be a help in getting anything back.

Is everyone else's laptop harddrive failing every 2 years ??

I am very nice to the machine and it rarely leaves the house. Hasn't been dropped but it's always seemed a bit warm.....

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
There are a few laptops with heat issues lately. You can get a cooler pad that helps a lot.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the wife a stand that raises the laptop up about 2-3 inches in back and tilts it to allow better air flow. Heat is not good for any computer but folks using them in bed or on the sofa with covers under them is really bad news.

snow dog

I just replaced my computer after the hard drive failed. It had lasted 5 years. I was feeling bad, but you guys made it much better

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I got it back.

It's like coming home but somebody stole everything in the house.

Even the main page of this forum is different and I don't know how to fix it !!!!

I'll plug in my external harddrive overnight and see if there's anything in there.