• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Some of my work

SShepherd

Since this is a food subforum, I thought I post a kitchen knife I just finished up

129.jpg

I hope to get a better pic on monday:unsure:

it's a little deviation on a japanese vegetable knife. The spine is 1/16" with a full flat grind down to the ensharpened edge thats .020 thick.
The blade is 154cm, and the handle is buckeye burl with a buffalo horn bolster.

Hope you like it:smile:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Not only a fine work of art.. for a blade, the pic is awesome the way the flash shines on the thing. Well done!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Since this is a food subforum, I thought I post a kitchen knife I just finished up

129.jpg

I hope to get a better pic on monday:unsure:

it's a little deviation on a japanese vegetable knife. The spine is 1/16" with a full flat grind down to the ensharpened edge thats .020 thick.
The blade is 154cm, and the handle is buckeye burl with a buffalo horn bolster.

Hope you like it:smile:

The edge is .020? Thats not very sharp. Of course I don't know much about knives. :hammer:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Excellent work. Now, where the heck is JoeC? As an aficionado of custom cutlery, I thought for sure he would have seen this.

Post it on NCT. Buz & Warren would like to see your work.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
hope you remembered to do your final polish parallel to the edge so it doesn't develop stress risers and catastrophically fail while chopping carrots...
:D

nice work - love that buckeye burl!

SShepherd

The edge is .020? Thats not very sharp. Of course I don't know much about knives. :hammer:

I think you missed "unsharpened".................

I ended up sharpening it by hand, I took the bevel as far back as i could to keep the edge stable and not chip out.The edge bevel is about 1/8" on both sides

SShepherd

hope you remembered to do your final polish parallel to the edge so it doesn't develop stress risers and catastrophically fail while chopping carrots...
:D

nice work - love that buckeye burl!

LOL.....ya, because you know all that cavitation and centrifugal force that it's going to undergo while chopping cabbage:wink: