• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IE8

benspawpaw

i have been told not to download it will slow enerything down so how can i get rid of the popup that keeps asking me it i want it?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
IE8 has gotten some good reviews. What version of internet explorer do you have now?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
on topic.. there should be a little box that says "don't ask again" when you close the pop up.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
i have been told not to download it will slow enerything down so how can i get rid of the popup that keeps asking me it i want it?

Yep I was told that too at first , but I finally decided to try it myself & glad I did . its much better then IE6 or IE7 , IMO . If you dont like it you can allways go back to what you are using . :biggrin:

jwstewar

Me too Cowboy. I've tried Firefox a couple of times and Chrome once. Didn't like either one and had all kinds of problems with both. Websites (including this one) not working, slow. Overall just a big PITA and went back to what works and couldn't be happier.

loboloco

IE8 runs no slower than IE7. Currently use IE8 and Firefox both. Sometimes firefox runs slow, sometimes not.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Like lobo, I run both. Sometimes Firefox doesn't work well certain sites, and i need to use IE8. Other than that, I am on Firefox all the time.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you like IE you might as well move up to 8 as they will be dropping support of older versions shortly. Same is rumored to be in the works for XP. They would not still be supporting XP if they did not have so many business customers who still use it.

jwstewar

Muleman,

Microsoft dropped support for XP Service Pack 2. They have announced they will support XP Service pack 3 until something like 2015. That is way more than reasonable. That is almost 15 years of support for a piece of software. Try to get IBM or Apple to support something more than 15 months.