• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

software suggestion

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
At work we have various machines and I wanted to create a data base that was click able and have a tree pop up or a pull down with the specific info on that section then click in that section to get more particular info like part numbers and then ordering info.

any ideas????

tom

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good idea. That could be accomplished with MySQL (a free open source database) or with Visual Basic. A object oriented fairly easy language to accomplish stuff like that in. VB costs but depending on your background it might be easier to do it with.

I'm sure there are other tools that could accomplish the task, these are simply the ones I've used over the years.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I've done similar things with Java based drop down menu's and hyperlinks through a web browser.