• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cache files within Firefox

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You can clear out the cache and history in Firefox pretty easy but where does Firefox keep it's history and cach. I know I can clear out the cach and history in IE fairly easy but times when I go to the actual location I notice it does not clear it all out so I will finish manually. In Firefox I would just like to know where the history and cach are. I did a search under the ProgramFiles/Mozilla Firefox and can't find anything that would represent a cookie, temporary file, history or cach. Does anyone know by chance.

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
You can clear out the cache and history in Firefox pretty easy but where does Firefox keep it's history and cach. I know I can clear out the cach and history in IE fairly easy but times when I go to the actual location I notice it does not clear it all out so I will finish manually. In Firefox I would just like to know where the history and cach are. I did a search under the ProgramFiles/Mozilla Firefox and can't find anything that would represent a cookie, temporary file, history or cach. Does anyone know by chance.

murph
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\juuxcumw.default\Cache"

You will probably need to enable "show hidden files" on your system to get there.

I would actually recommend using the functions built into FireFox to clear the cache and history. Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
DaveNay said:
I would actually recommend using the functions built into FireFox to clear the cache and history. Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

Thanks Dave

I normally do use the tools but I always wondered because in IE if you use the tools you sometimes don't clear everything out. Even Firefox after cleaning everything out leaves some items there. But now I know where they are and I can check them.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
DaveNay said:
"Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

Gee that is funny. I use to have the tab to Clear Private Data. Now I have to go to options and then clear all. What happened to my "Clear Private Data" button. I know it use to be there.?? :confused:

murph