PDA

View Full Version : Cache files within Firefox

thcri
04-23-2006, 12:20 AM
You can clear out the cache and history in Firefox pretty easy but where does Firefox keep it's history and cach. I know I can clear out the cach and history in IE fairly easy but times when I go to the actual location I notice it does not clear it all out so I will finish manually. In Firefox I would just like to know where the history and cach are. I did a search under the ProgramFiles/Mozilla Firefox and can't find anything that would represent a cookie, temporary file, history or cach. Does anyone know by chance.

murph

DaveNay
04-23-2006, 12:25 AM
You can clear out the cache and history in Firefox pretty easy but where does Firefox keep it's history and cach. I know I can clear out the cach and history in IE fairly easy but times when I go to the actual location I notice it does not clear it all out so I will finish manually. In Firefox I would just like to know where the history and cach are. I did a search under the ProgramFiles/Mozilla Firefox and can't find anything that would represent a cookie, temporary file, history or cach. Does anyone know by chance.

murph
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\juuxcumw.default\Cac he"

You will probably need to enable "show hidden files" on your system to get there.

I would actually recommend using the functions built into FireFox to clear the cache and history. Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

thcri
04-23-2006, 01:00 AM
I would actually recommend using the functions built into FireFox to clear the cache and history. Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

Thanks Dave

I normally do use the tools but I always wondered because in IE if you use the tools you sometimes don't clear everything out. Even Firefox after cleaning everything out leaves some items there. But now I know where they are and I can check them.

murph

thcri
04-23-2006, 01:04 AM
"Go to Tools->Clear Private Data, and select what you want to clean out.

Gee that is funny. I use to have the tab to Clear Private Data. Now I have to go to options and then clear all. What happened to my "Clear Private Data" button. I know it use to be there.?? :confused:

murph