• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Office 2000 Professional

Kwiens

I have another computer/software question. Where are the updates for MS Office 2000 Professional. I'm installing this on my wife's new computer but I can't find the SR-1 update so I can download SR-1a, SR-2 and SR-3 updates.

I know MS discontinued support for Office 2000 in July 2009 but I need to install this version of Office.

I downloaded the MS Office 2010 Beta and I like it; my wife doesn't.

K

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have an answer for you, but I did get angered enough to wait to talk to someone at MS about Office 2004. I use Excel to do payroll. I just now have some people reaching 10 years of monthly payroll data. After calculating their pay, as soon as I hit the "save" button my screen sort of half whites out and it says "Office 2004 is NOT RESPONDING". :hammer::hammer: It says it's trying to recover data. (bullshit) It's never recovered shit!

Some of my calculations for commissions are complicated and split between several sales people and may take quite a while to complete. When I lose all that work, I'm an unhappy camper; to put it mildly. Anyway, MS told me that I needed to install a "K" something fix. I'm sorry but I can't recall what it was. The dang update emails you a password that allows you to install the update (wft?). My first 2 attempts had an invalid password emailed to me by MS. :hammer::hammer:

Finally they sent me a proper password and, fingers crossed, it seems to work. They tell me that this fix is not going to be listed as an update or even a formal "fix" since it's "addressed in Office 2010". Grrrr! What if I don't want to buy Office 2010?!

If your data and/or calculations are as old as mine, you may run into that problem as well. Maybe someone here with more programming skills than me (which would be about anyone else here) can help. I know of two people who bought new computers because Office was giving them that white screen on Excel on larger and older worksheets only to find it still did the same thing. Good luck! Hopefully someone here knows about that fix I installed a couple of months ago.

Kwiens

The hospital where my wife is employed (1800 employees company wide) still uses Office 2000. I don't know why MS doesn't support their older programs; it does exactly what we need/want it to do! I guess I do know why: revenue!

K

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help at all with the later versions of Office as the last version I bought and still use is XP Office Developer and rarely use Excel but use Access and Word often.

Reaper497

Young Buck
Site Supporter
Office 2007 may look Greek to you and your wife but it is an extremely potent program...if I were you I would try out the free trial versions at the Microsoft website and see what you think