• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

E-mail program for Windows 7 64 bit

Kwiens

I built my wife a new computer as a present for her recent graduation from graduate school. She graduated this May with a Master's of Science in Nursing Administration from Fort Hays State University. A side note, the oldest Master's graduate also graduated with her; Nola Ochs: age 98.

Here's my question: what email program do you that have Windows 7 64 bit use? Currently in Vista Home Premium we're setup with Windows Mail. I have an extra copy of Outlook 2003, should I use that? I need/want something familiar to Windows Mail.

I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird on my computer but I don't know if I like it.

Thanks in advance!!

K

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Outlook 2004 still works fine in Windows 7 64 bit. Of course Windows Office 2010 is just weeks away. I know a lot of students who use the open source version of Windows Office 2010 and really like it. It's free and all files are compatible with Windows Office products.
OpenOffice
Here is the download page Download OpenOffice

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I an using a Beta Version of Microsoft Professional 2010 and I love it. I don't know how much longer it will work but will buy when the new comes out soon.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I never cared for any version of Outlook. Ran Netscape till it was d/c and switched to Thunderbird. I like the way it allows you to control what programs to use to handle attachments better. JMO

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to your wife from another Thunderbird user! :tiphat: :clap: :beer: :dancing:

Kwiens

Thanks!!

I have Thunderbird installed on my computer to "check it out" and I have the Office 2010 Beta. I really like it, my wife doesn't; so we'll see if the Outlook portion is installed as our email client. I haven't pulled the trigger on OpenOffice; I don't know why I haven't. I need to check it out very soon.

Thanks!!

K

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks!!

I have Thunderbird installed on my computer to "check it out" and I have the Office 2010 Beta. I really like it, my wife doesn't; so we'll see if the Outlook portion is installed as our email client. I haven't pulled the trigger on OpenOffice; I don't know why I haven't. I need to check it out very soon.

Thanks!!

K

I had OpenOffice one time and got very frustrated with it in mostly the spread sheet area. I could not open my older 2000 xls sheets with it. Got frustrated, quite using it.