• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old Speckled Hen review

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
beer #5:

lighter than the picture shows. first thought: decent foam, doesnt last long, not much lacing. aroma of sourdough? and something i cant place.

first taste: less bitter than i imagined. slight skunkiness, as would be expected from a clear bottle. skunkiness lingers in my throat. mouthfeel is nice, kinda light but pretty good. a good beginner beer to english ales. tastes of sourdough and slightly fruity notes. a beer you could probably have a few of without feeling weighted down. not a bad beer: 3.5/5 on the Rusty scale.

now after this, tis back to my regular slop, Natty Lite. watch out for the last beer of this series. It's going to be interesting, to say the least :brows:

Attachments

• hen.jpg
    hen.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 70

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
beer #5:

lighter than the picture shows. first thought: decent foam, doesnt last long, not much lacing. aroma of sourdough? and something i cant place.

first taste: less bitter than i imagined. slight skunkiness, as would be expected from a clear bottle. skunkiness lingers in my throat. mouthfeel is nice, kinda light but pretty good. a good beginner beer to english ales. tastes of sourdough and slightly fruity notes. a beer you could probably have a few of without feeling weighted down. not a bad beer: 3.5/5 on the Rusty scale.

now after this, tis back to my regular slop, Natty Lite. watch out for the last beer of this series. It's going to be interesting, to say the least :brows:

I thought this was going to be a really good review about Chickens........This sucks