PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Smith Imperial Stout

Rusty Shackleford
05-17-2010, 05:59 PM
beer three in my latest mixer sixer.

Pure Bliss! my best description of the flavor is alcoholic chocolate. pours a dark maple syrup color. slight fruit notes, a bit of hoppiness, and a flavor i cannot place. pretty good beer, tastes great with a snickers bar :yum: i would reccomend this to someone who enjoys a good dark stout. good beer to sip while sitting with a couple friends. heavy beer, not to be drank excessivley as the thickness may make your stomach upset, i wouldnt go with more than 2-3 a night.

BigAl
05-17-2010, 06:21 PM
beer three in my latest mixer sixer.

Pure Bliss! my best description of the flavor is alcoholic chocolate. pours a dark maple syrup color. slight fruit notes, a bit of hoppiness, and a flavor i cannot place. pretty good beer, tastes great with a snickers bar :yum: i would reccomend this to someone who enjoys a good dark stout. good beer to sip while sitting with a couple friends. heavy beer, not to be drank excessivley as the thickness may make your stomach upset, i wouldnt go with more than 2-3 a night.

Have you tried their "Oatmeal Stout" yet ??? ohhhhhhhHHHHHhh........ymmmmm.
Just makes me giddy all over just thinking about it ....:brows:

Rusty Shackleford
05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
no sir i havent, i havent acutally had any oatmeal stout as of current. but as good as this one was, i think i may go with samual smith when i get one

mak2
05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Sam Smith's Pale Ale and India ales are very very good beers.

Rusty Shackleford
05-17-2010, 08:02 PM
good to know, mak. i plan to research this particular brand quite well :yum::yum:

Erik
05-18-2010, 12:51 PM
so's the tadcaster porter.
pretty much anything by Sam Smith is good.

RNE228
05-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Have you tried "Old Rasputin"? Wow!

http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-rasputin.htm

good to know, mak. i plan to research this particular brand quite well :yum::yum: