• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best American food?

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have a coworker in the lab, from a sister lab in Brazil. I was thinking about food, and where to send him for dinner. I could think of local Cinese, Thai, Vietnames, Korean, Italian, Mexican resteraunts, and various dishes.

Besides a BBQ resteraunt, I could not really think of an American resteraunt(or dish) to send him too.

What kind of American food resteraunt(or dish) would you send someone visiting the US too?

I'm going to pose the same question to him this afternoon; what Brazilian dish/resteraunt would he recomend if the day ever came that I were to visit down there.

Ironman

118oj8j.gif

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to name Max n Erma's for a good ole American burger, but Ironman's suggestion is better. :thumb:

Really any Pub that servers good burgers would sure seem American to me.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I would say a really good Prime Rib or a good Rib Eye Steak from Morton's

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to name Max n Erma's for a good ole American burger, but Ironman's suggestion is better. :thumb:

Really any Pub that servers good burgers would sure seem American to me.

Sure send them to a place that specializes in Buffalo wings Doc , FYI Buffalo,s really dont have wings . :yum:

Round here a place that serves buffalo burgers it takes two hands for the waitress to carry the plate & comes with good ole American steak fries , not them sissy french fries :w00t2: Healthy too .

I,m only refering to food as far as the fries , not the french :smile: .

loboloco

for that matter, any food served in the U.S. is an american food. Or you could send him to the 'soul food' restaurant for chitlins.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Isn't Brazil a large beef producer ???

Maybe a Red Lobsta or other upscale chain. ( I've never been to a Hooters :wink: )

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't Brazil a large beef producer ???

Maybe a Red Lobsta or other upscale chain. ( I've never been to a Hooters :wink: )

Red lobsta is considered an upscale chain ? i aint been to hooters either . But , Guarantee Ya I wont die from eatin fast food crap Ya,ll consider tasty & healthy & in most cases the more it costs the better it is .

Upscale Resturants are pure roach traps for the most part IMO , Because they cater to high rollers That would eat a friggen bug if their friends told them it was a exotic & in most cases are not regulated as close as they should be , because they have friends in high places & Ya deserve what ya get if you choose to eat there .

To me is something cooked at home Where ya damn sure know the conditions , But I dont consider my self a high roller either :biggrin:. But if I did I,d rank red lobster below kfc or several other places Ya,ll Frequent .

Oh never mind , I,m going to go dig up a few grubs & sautee them in beer & mushrooms . :w00t2: