PDA

View Full Version : review: Captain Morgan Private Stock

Rusty Shackleford
05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
alright now im not one to pay the premium prices for the premium rum as i normally put it in my diet coke, but i grabbed an airplane bottle of this stuff at the checkout when i was getting a bottle of wine today, and i must say that this is good enought to drink straight. very smooth, flavourful, and light in the mouth, this is a great rum to sip in a glass with a couple cubes of ice. i honestly dont think i could disrespect this rum by mixing it with coke or any mixer. an excellent rum to be enjoyed by itself.

mak2
05-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Rusty, I switced from beer to rum cause as a kid (<40) I could drink beer all the time and be skinny, at 50, no. Anyway I have lost about 8 lbs in a month and eat anything I want. But back to the topic at hand. Cruzan is a great rum too, been drinking it tonight. Very good with diet coke.

Rusty Shackleford
05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
normally i get the Calico Jack spiced rum and throw it in coke, and thats great. Calico Jack is great rum for the price period. i havent had Cruzan but ive heard good things

JEV
05-02-2010, 08:24 AM
A friend suggested that I try Lady Bligh spiced rum in lieu of the Captain. I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful LB was, and it's only $10 a bottle (750 ml) here in Ohio with all the high "sin taxes" added on. Worth a try if you can get one of those small bottles to try. Now I only drink CM when someone else if buying it.