• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dry loop phone line

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
OK....that sucked. 6 days with no internet at home:hammer:

Here's the background story. Back at the beginning of february, we decided to get rid of the land line. Internet was still working fine but the phone was disconnected. Alright....good to go. I thought. Up until last week when we get a past due phone bill and our internet stops working. Spent 2 hrs on the cell getting that all straightened out. Now, we still have no internet so they say they have to set up a dry loop phone line just for the internet. Fine! Do it! They tell me that the line would be connected saturday at midnight. OK, I can wait a few days. Sunday comes, still no internet. I call them back a little more vocal this time(I still feel bad for that poor paki girl I talked to) They say that the line will be connected yesterday by noon. I get home from work. Still no signal. WTF?!?!?!?! Call them back and spend another half hour swearing at some paki. Finally, got a dry loop line connected today but had to spend another hour on the phone getting the wireless configured.:hammer:

I even went as far as considering another service provider but no point for 1-2 mnths of service. Been with the same company for 11 yrs now. No point in changing service providers with only two months before we move.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is why I keep my land line with unlimited long distance. They bundle it with DSL fo $70 a month. Cell service is about worthless out here and hughesnet wore me out after 3 years of rationing and the worst customer service I ever experienced.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We just got tired of fn telemarketers calling all the time on the land line. We each have a cell. No point paying for 3 seperate lines.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you have a "Do Not Call" list up there? Down here, you register your number and it prohibits telemarketers from calling.

Like Muleman, cell service is spotty at my house. I actually have 3 land-lines at the homestead.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you have a "Do Not Call" list up there? Down here, you register your number and it prohibits telemarketers from calling.

Like Muleman, cell service is spotty at my house. I actually have 3 land-lines at the homestead.
"Do Not Call" is fine, except that the people you do business with are exempt from it. We were getting calls from all the credit card companies trying to sell us this or that. Plus, politicians (no f'in surprise) are exempt, so they can call you with their propaganda anytime they want. Polsters the same way, because they are working for the politicians.

We got fed up and dropped the phone and fax. The important people have our cell numbers and the rest can go intercourse themselves.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Do Not Call" is fine, except that the people you do business with are exempt from it. We were getting calls from all the credit card companies trying to sell us this or that. Plus, politicians (no f'in surprise) are exempt, so they can call you with their propaganda anytime they want. Polsters the same way, because they are working for the politicians.
The companies I do business with know not to call me a 2nd time if they want to continue to do business with me.
For the politicians, pollsters and similar, I can tell when the call comes in since every phone line starts ringing at the same time. I just don't answer those.