• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quick and tasty dishes for those busy times...

Lia

Banned
On the go snacks can be so boring at times, and the good old Cheese on Toast is so quick, easy and tasty to make, but here's how it can be made more exciting...

Below are the basic cheese on toast bases, but before you grill the cheese on them add either some sliced onion rings, or thinly sliced tomato's, or just a dash of Worcester Sauce... or

Try some chopped mushrooms scattered over the cheese, or chopped ham, bacon, or, thinly sliced sausage with a dash of Daddies Sauce... Enjoy!

Just as quick and easy to make, and just as fulfilling...

Chop two onions and leave for at least 10 mins. (A sulfur-based compound called S-alk(en)yl-L-cysteine sulfoxide and an enzyme called sulfoxide lyase (also known as alliinase) are separated in the Onion's cell structure when it is whole. Cutting the onion ruptures the cells and releases these elements; the longer they are left before cooking, the healthier they are).

Add one mug of Basmati rice, a dash of Turmeric and two mugs of water to a large casserole dish, (no need for a lid).

When the onions have stood for 10 mins, fry gently in Olive Oil.

Pop the Rice, Turmeric and water mix into a mictrowave and cook on high for 10 mins, leave for one min and then cook for a further 5 to 10 mins.

Whilst the rice is cooking heat a pack of ready cooked cocktail sausages, (usually 25 to a pack), or one can use any sausage really.

When the rice, and the sausages are cooked and heated, cut the sausages into bite sized pieces and add to the rice. Add the onions, and also add a can of baked beans, (optional), heated first, and stir. Serve straight away.

(Instead of chopped sausages one can instead, if preferred, add cooked and shredded chicken breast to the rice dish).

(If one has never made cheese on toast, simply toast a slice of bread on one side. Thinly butter the untoasted side, lay thick slices of cheese on the buttered side, and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes). :)

Attachments

• cheesentoast2.jpg
    cheesentoast2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 76
  • cheese_on_toast.jpg
    cheese_on_toast.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Seltzers sweet lebanon bologna with my cheese on toast! Home made smoked sausage(real sausage) not what you Brits eat! Pan fry the sausage till brown and getting crisp them add in some spicy tomatoes and spanish rice mix. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Lia

Banned
I like Seltzers sweet lebanon bologna with my cheese on toast! Home made smoked sausage(real sausage) not what you Brits eat! Pan fry the sausage till brown and getting crisp them add in some spicy tomatoes and spanish rice mix. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Sounds delicious muleman, and I'll be sure to try it, but I am mortified and insulted by being termed a Brit! I ain't a Brit! lol

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I like bread, not toast yet with Tuna/mayo mix, and cheese. The broil in the oven until browned.