• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

addware i think

benspawpaw

i have norton but i think i have something on my laptop called addware.this screen pops up trying to sell me different stuff anybody know a trusty remover

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Download Microsoft security essentials or AVG they are smaller as well as more effective than Nortons. I run both on my machine and they work fine together, both are available for free also though I have a license for AVG.

Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
i have norton but i think i have something on my laptop called addware.this screen pops up trying to sell me different stuff anybody know a trusty remover

Malwarebytes works well for me. But you may have another problem with that add popping up saying you have a problem. That may be in your start files. Try Malware and if it don't quit then you may have to call malware.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Malwarebytes works well for me. But you may have another problem with that add popping up saying you have a problem. That may be in your start files. Try Malware and if it don't quit then you may have to call malware.

Ditto on the Malwarebytes , I,ve found it to catch things My other scanners have missed . :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Super anti spyware works well with malwarebytes to keep the crap off my pc. Both are free with free updates.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You will probably have to disable at a minimum. Unless you really love Norton I would dump it and go with a much less resource hog anti-virus. It is well known for slowing systems to a crawl and hanging on to deleted stuff forever unless you really beat on it.